Eaglehawk Shows

Airedaler

Should have been cancelled earlier in the week and the Sunday show should have been cancelled as well,, what are people going to do all day Saturday in Bendigo in that heat, dogs cant be taken into rooms which means they will have to stay in cars or puppy pens.

Anky

Should have been cancelled earlier in the week and the Sunday show should have been cancelled as well,, what are people going to do all day Saturday in Bendigo in that heat, dogs cant be taken into rooms which means they will have to stay in cars or puppy pens.

Anky

It hasn't reached 40 degrees yet and I spoke to people who were at the show last night and they said it was quite ok. The only mistake, I think, was to cancel the AM show today. That could have been over before the hottest part of the day. As for what will people do - any number of things. Go to the Showgrounds to the pavilion. Go to one of the parks or go to Lake Eppalock which is where one of my friends headed. The carry on over this cluster really illustrates how true damned if you do and damned if you don't is. They should have cancelled earlier or later. They should have cancelled them all, cancelled none or cancelled less than they did. The notices weren't circulated enough despite being here and all over FB. the worst complaints have come from people who didn't enter in the first place!

Could have done morning show bit earlier and would have finished that before heat, was very pleasant this morning until about noon (and I certainly don't do heat well) then a twilght show about 7pm. People could have found cool things to do inbetween.

I have stayed for the weekend, I am just in my van with no air conditioning, have actually been outside under gazebo all day and been fine. Dogs have just laid around with their cool coats on and only occassionally even panting.

I know we were told it was out of club control but maybe there were other options that could have been looked at, that would can kept all parties as happy as possible.

It was very late notice for people travelling, especially after being confirmed that it was going ahead.

Edited by Austerra

I'm actually surprised that the Saturday show was cancelled but the Sunday show hasn't been just due to the fact that they have forecast Sunday as being an extreme weather day even though the temp won't be as hot.

I assume the organizers have their reasons though.

ETA Perhaps they are expecting the cool change to come through early.

Edited by perrin