Show Judges Dress Attire

Ricllou

Should judges dress for the weather or the job they are doing. Was watching the working dogs being judged today (mostly large dogs in this group) are examined on ground level and judges often have to bend over. Today's judge was wearing a lovely short above the knee dress. Unfortunately we were on the opposite side of the ring!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:laugh: :laugh: I think judges and dog handlers look ridiculous in their suits and stockings. Why they don't wear neat casual clothes is beyond me. Racing around a grassed ring, out in the open, in a suit, stockings, and quite often, joggers/trainers/tennis shoes is a pretty stupid look in my opinion.

Why anyone, handler or judge would wear something short while in the ring is beyond me. They should dress comfortably and nicely. It's not hard, the rest of us manage it lol

DD - I for one like how much effort we put into our appearance for shows and have a closest full of beautiful suits and dresses. If others think I look ridiculous so be it but I like being well presented in all I do.

:laugh: :laugh: I think judges and dog handlers look ridiculous in their suits and stockings. Why they don't wear neat casual clothes is beyond me. Racing around a grassed ring, out in the open, in a suit, stockings, and quite often, joggers/trainers/tennis shoes is a pretty stupid look in my opinion.

Well i guess stupid people is an epidemic in the dog world & yep im one of those & proud of it .

God knows what you think of the horse exhibitors in long boots, tie or stocks, black jackets and velvet hats. eek1.gif

No one is forced to "dress up" but some choose to dress to a higher standard to show respect for the judge and to showcase their dogs.

To each their own. I'm certainly one of the suit brigade. If people think I look stupid or ridiculous, I'll still sleep at night. :shrug: I also have quite a few suits and I enjoy dressing up for shows.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

I think many of the outfits look bizarro if you aren't use to the sub-culture, it is like we slipped back to the 1950s. But you always look nice HW, and I agree some effort is called for, complementary to the dog shown. After a while young girls in panty hose and matching skirt and jacket 'church suits' off US ebay paired with running shoes starts to feel disturbingly normal :laugh:

God knows what you think of the horse exhibitors in long boots, tie or stocks, black jackets and velvet hats. eek1.gif

No one is forced to "dress up" but some choose to dress to a higher standard to show respect for the judge and to showcase their dogs.

To each their own. I'm certainly one of the suit brigade. If people think I look stupid or ridiculous, I'll still sleep at night. :shrug: I also have quite a few suits and I enjoy dressing up for shows.

I rest my case :rofl::rofl:

I think many of the outfits look bizarro if you aren't use to the sub-culture, it is like we slipped back to the 1950s. But you always look nice HW, and I agree some effort is called for, complementary to the dog shown. After a while young girls in panty hose and matching skirt and jacket 'church suits' off US ebay paired with running shoes starts to feel disturbingly normal :laugh:

Danny's Darling:

Au contraire. It seems I look laughable.

Indeed, hysterically so.

I chose that suit particularly and carefully for the National. I thought I looked smart and that it complemented my dog. I got a lot of nice comments from people who were there.

But apparently I look like a joke. Who knew?

I'm still happy with that photo. :) To date that's the best day I've ever had in the show ring and no one laughing at how I looked will change how good I felt at that moment.

Well that's rude.

HW you always look lovely in the ring.

Well that's rude.

Thanks. :)

I still think I'm successfully avoiding the "mother of the bride" look but it seems I have my critics. :cool:

And I'm not showing any inappropriate flesh IMO.

I like skirt suits because I can get into and out of them in my gazebo. When the toilets are awash in mud or worse, that's damn useful.

I wore a skirt once and we arse up in ankle deep water, since then I've worn pants. I must say some of the suits out there are awesome, I love the bright colours, I don't think that they look out of place. I you want to wear one do it it's a free country.

Why anyone, handler or judge would wear something short while in the ring is beyond me. They should dress comfortably and nicely. It's not hard, the rest of us manage it lol

DD - I for one like how much effort we put into our appearance for shows and have a closest full of beautiful suits and dresses. If others think I look ridiculous so be it but I like being well presented in all I do.

This!thumbsup1.gif I would much rather see someone in the ring that has put a bit of effort in to look well dressed, rather than some I see that look like they just dragged their backsides out of bed LOL. I'll stick with my suits and runners and stockings laugh.gif But each to their own

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the suit on you xx

Well that's rude.

I have certain people blocked and don't see their posts but when copied and pasted, of course I can see them. Terribly rude. No great surprise.