Show Judges Dress Attire

Ricllou

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:laugh: :laugh: I think judges and dog handlers look ridiculous in their suits and stockings. Why they don't wear neat casual clothes is beyond me. Racing around a grassed ring, out in the open, in a suit, stockings, and quite often, joggers/trainers/tennis shoes is a pretty stupid look in my opinion.

God knows what you think of the horse exhibitors in long boots, tie or stocks, black jackets and velvet hats. eek1.gif

No one is forced to "dress up" but some choose to dress to a higher standard to show respect for the judge and to showcase their dogs.

To each their own. I'm certainly one of the suit brigade. If people think I look stupid or ridiculous, I'll still sleep at night. :shrug: I also have quite a few suits and I enjoy dressing up for shows.

Think that suit looks great :thumbsup:

:laugh: :laugh: I think judges and dog handlers look ridiculous in their suits and stockings. Why they don't wear neat casual clothes is beyond me. Racing around a grassed ring, out in the open, in a suit, stockings, and quite often, joggers/trainers/tennis shoes is a pretty stupid look in my opinion.

God knows what you think of the horse exhibitors in long boots, tie or stocks, black jackets and velvet hats. eek1.gif

No one is forced to "dress up" but some choose to dress to a higher standard to show respect for the judge and to showcase their dogs.

To each their own. I'm certainly one of the suit brigade. If people think I look stupid or ridiculous, I'll still sleep at night. :shrug: I also have quite a few suits and I enjoy dressing up for shows.

I rest my case :rofl::rofl:

Well that's rude.

HW you always look lovely in the ring.

I have certain people blocked and don't see their posts but when copied and pasted, of course I can see them. Terribly rude. No great surprise.

Oh, boo hoo hoo. It was a joke. Haredown doesn't seem particularly concerned.

I rather think drawing an analogy between equestrian sportswear and dog show wear is a bit of a stretch. :laugh: :laugh:

I think equestrians generally look wonderful - something I can't say about women running around in suits and trainers.

As I said before, that is my opinion and not many agree. So??

I rest my case :rofl::rofl:

Well that's rude.

HW you always look lovely in the ring.

I have certain people blocked and don't see their posts but when copied and pasted, of course I can see them. Terribly rude. No great surprise.

Oh, boo hoo hoo. It was a joke. Haredown doesn't seem particularly concerned.

I rather think drawing an analogy between equestrian sportswear and dog show wear is a bit of a stretch. :laugh: :laugh:

I think equestrians generally look wonderful - something I can't say about women running around in suits and trainers.

As I said before, that is my opinion and not many agree. So??

when did you last show a dog? Or breed a litter? Seem to be free and easy with advice on matters it's clear you have no idea on.

I always describe dog showing to my non-show friends as dressing up in a mother-of-the-bride suit and running around a paddock!

When my hobby was the SES and the RFS, I had to wear a uniform. I look at dog show dressing the same way.

Bugger the suit HW... the huge smile of satisfaction after a great day showing really shines!

The dog looks suitably proud of himself too... *grin*

T.

The smile replaced the tears! I was a tad overwhelmed at the class win initially!:o

Dodger usually looks like that - he thinks he's a rock star. :rock:

Edited by Haredown Whippets

I like skirt suits because I can get into and out of them in my gazebo. When the toilets are awash in mud or worse, that's damn useful.

Yes, very true that

Heres me and 2 judges, fashion statement from me with nice black joggers and a pink suit lol.

I enjoy the dressing up, but back in the real world I have a laugh at the array of coloured suits in my wardrobe and hubby thinks they are disgusting heeheepost-49165-0-16551800-1392008686_thumb.jpg

Some of the attire in the horse breed rings does rival dog shows. Particularly the hats! And of course western bling outshines any you will see at dog shows lol! I too love suits. For years I did show in basic black pants and a nice top and even now a black skirt or pants with top and jacket is reasonably standard for me particularly for smaller shows, but I love to be able to dress in something nice that complements the dog and shows how proud I am of them. Besides, it's fun! What girl doesn't like pretty things ;-).

Some of the attire in the horse breed rings does rival dog shows. Particularly the hats! And of course western bling outshines any you will see at dog shows lol! I too love suits. For years I did show in basic black pants and a nice top and even now a black skirt or pants with top and jacket is reasonably standard for me particularly for smaller shows, but I love to be able to dress in something nice that complements the dog and shows how proud I am of them. Besides, it's fun! What girl doesn't like pretty things ;-).

when did you last show a dog? Or breed a litter? Seem to be free and easy with advice on matters it's clear you have no idea on.

Please show me where I have commented on how to show a dog or breed a litter. I am talking about clothes and what appeals to me and I have and am permitted to have plenty of ideas on that. I wear them. :laugh: :laugh:

It's totally up to the individual, you could wear sports wear if you wanted but you wouldn't catch me dead in the ring in track pants. Suits look tidy, professional, I like that.

I don't know about others but my suits are very comfortable and easy to show in and I really run around that ring (and I don't wear runners with my suits :laugh: )

post-24000-0-87567000-1392110569_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bjelkier

I don't show and have always wondered why suits are worn rather than sportswear as it seems more comfortable and practical, is there a dress code as such or is it up to the individual?

You definitely see sportswear at the GSD specialties - those exhibitors are doing a lot of running.

I guess its because suits are dressier. At some O/S shows, you see exhibitors in evening wear!

I don't show and have always wondered why suits are worn rather than sportswear as it seems more comfortable and practical, is there a dress code as such or is it up to the individual?

You definitely see sportswear at the GSD specialties - those exhibitors are doing a lot of running.

I guess its because suits are dressier. At some O/S shows, you see exhibitors in evening wear!

I saw photos from some big show in Finland recently and the girl in the full ball gown with the Pyr looked amazing but even I wondered how she ran.

I suppose the reason some of us choose to dress up is because we take showing seriously and our appearance matters to us.

I'd no more wear "casual" clothes than I'd not wash my dog or dremel his nails before a show. It's about standards of presentation to me. What others choose to do is up to them.

If that makes me an object of derision or mirth, so be it. I'm proud of my dog and I dress myself and present him in a manner to reflect that pride. I make an effort.

Edited by Haredown Whippets