Breeder Wants Me To Pick Pup Up Early

Cheys232

Cheys, it is surprising how many people come for a registered puppy, having had a health disaster with a non-registered one. Renal failure, dropped dead, skin conditions and so on and so forth. If no one supported these people, they would soon give up, and fewer pups with those conditions would be born.

Sad, but true.

Good luck with your baby. almost time now.

I think it grand that Cheys choose to wait and research this. Her new puppy is so adorable. I wish them every happiness and a long future.

For the duration of this thread, we were helping a friend pick 'the next family dog'.

Imagine my horror when the 1st nomination was a groodle :eek:

Several other designer/yuck breeds were suggested. :eek:

Found out the 'kids' were trying to enable the parents because their friends had such dogs.

We had a long talk. One of the first things mentioned was the dogs were not friendly, did not want to 'play' & were not fun. We went over what they would really like. Included the parents ( of course).

They are bringing home a beautiful pedigree Chessie. Kids understand a little better about being careful when buying a puppy. Parents are delighted.

Off my soap box. :)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just feel so sorry for all those puppies that are breed with no homes my local pound found six mix breed puppies dumped today they are in the pound now they only look about 8 weeks poor things :(

They are bringing home a beautiful pedigree Chessie. Kids understand a little better about being careful when buying a puppy. Parents are delighted.

Off my soap box. :)

Hope they are seriously up for that. They ain't your average "friends to everyone" retriever. They may not be all that friendly, especially to other dogs.

Lovely pup, Cheys. Don't worry about the other ones --- most of them do fall on their feet, and imho, if you cannot do anything, don't worry. I do wish people would be more caring when they breed, but I can't fix that either, all I can do is do the best with what I have.

VislaMomma, what is a "Chessie" please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Rosie is settling in well, we are having trouble with the house breaking a bit but I'm sure we will get there eventually, I'm having a bit of trouble with crate training her, she doesn't seem to like it much prefers the cold tiles to sleep on I think, but I am perserving with it by trying to make it a happy place and yay! She is in there now at 9.55pm asleep!! So I'm off to bed too now will try to pop in more often and update you all :)