Car Seat Cover Recommendations?

jamesanddean

We have a new car that has a leather back seat and need to buy a car seat cover so that our Goldie doesn't scratch the seat. In our last car we had fabric seats and placed a pet seat cover and towel down which worked ok but wasn't perfect. With the new car we want to find something that is very sturdy and provides good coverage of the seat and seat back if possible eg strong PVC or similar?

Does anyone have any recommendations on products we should look at?

Thanks

I have leather seats - we're using the back seat buddy (bought 3 cars ago) with towels underneath - the cover doesn't quite go to the edges (an inch or so) and I have the towels hanging over the end of the seat which protects that bit.

The towels are needed to stop the cover sliding on the seat when muggins puts his feet on the suspended bit.

If I wanted an actual seat cover I'd be looking at the black duck ones .... after all the hay crumbs on the driver's seat yesterday I think maybe I should get them for the front .. (no experience with them but they look good - and they seem to understand about airbags - important in the front.

You can't use harnesses with a back seat buddy though? I've had leather seats before and just used a $20 cover from an auto shop. Worked perfectly and my dogs could be safely strapped in . Some sand did you down the holes where the belts plugged in , but that is a small price to pay for their security IMO .

You can't use harnesses with a back seat buddy though? I've had leather seats before and just used a $20 cover from an auto shop. Worked perfectly and my dogs could be safely strapped in . Some sand did you down the holes where the belts plugged in , but that is a small price to pay for their security IMO .

you can attach the harness to the handles on the roof instead of the seat belt clips if you use a back seat buddy.

Guest hankodie

My MIL bought me one from Aldi and it's surprisingly sturdy. It's a hammock type thing that snaps onto the headrests and has velcro holes so you can still attach the car harnesses. It fits the backseat of my golf perfectly but it might be a bit too small depending on how big your car is

I have this one for my Avalon (2004 model with velour seats) thumbsup1.gif

http://www.kurgostore.com/dog-hammocks/wander-hammock/

It's great! I got the khaki one because it matches the car interior better than black and hopefully isn't as hot as the black would be smile.gif Looks after the seats and the hammock design is great for encouraging the dog to just stay at the back thumbsup1.gif it also has gaps for the seatbelts if you want to put a harness on your dog.

The only problem I have with it is it doesn't quite go all the way across the seat, I think my car might be a bit wider than some cars, though. I get around that by popping a towel on either side just to protect the sides of the car seats.