Oodles On The Project

Leah82

Surprised at some of the comments here. I would have met over a thousand 'oodles'. The majority were great dogs. I find them no better or worse than any other breed.

I am however frequently astounded at the lies the owners have been told by the breeders they have bought the dogs from- unfortunately people believe what the breeders say- personally i don't think this makes them stupid or ill informed. I believed what both my registered breeders said about my ACD and JRT- i was just fortunate that they were ethical and honest people with a great deal of knowledge- 'oodle' owners think they are talking to the same.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am however frequently astounded at the lies the owners have been told by the breeders they have bought the dogs from- unfortunately people believe what the breeders say- personally i don't think this makes them stupid or ill informed. I believed what both my registered breeders said about my ACD and JRT- i was just fortunate that they were ethical and honest people with a great deal of knowledge- 'oodle' owners think they are talking to the same.

I also agree with this. It is terrible. Some of the things i have heard people say their breeder said astounds me.

"My breeder said they don't need much grooming," or "my breeder said they were smart enough to not need obedience classes"

both of which i have been told..

met with a bit of a :banghead: on my side.

I would certainly never choose and oodle, the look just doesn't appeal to me, not to mention the grooming required.

However most of the ones I have met appear to be nice dogs that are well suited to first time owners. Skin issues seem to be the biggest problem and our groomer does often complain about the condition some of them are in and how naughty they are. I think dogs behave differently when they are being groomed though especially if the are a knotted mess

I would certainly never choose and oodle, the look just doesn't appeal to me, not to mention the grooming required.

However most of the ones I have met appear to be nice dogs that are well suited to first time owners. Skin issues seem to be the biggest problem and our groomer does often complain about the condition some of them are in and how naughty they are. I think dogs behave differently when they are being groomed though especially if the are a knotted mess

Yes, groomers would not see many at their best especially if their grooming has been neglected - they would find the procedure painful and traumatic :(

Probably true.

I have one, my old neighbours dog, who comes in once or twice a year. is ALWAYS super matted, but is the sweetest thing!

So friendly and well behaved. Which is weird, because he is a backyard dog who gets no stimulation what so ever. I always felt so sorry for him. Especially because he is a great dog.