Stella

cavmad

Our Stelly girl died today. She had been a bit quiet the last couple of days and today she left us. My 3 year old daughter and 2 year old son were home all day with my mother in law, in and out of the house all day, playing with the dogs. I came home from work at around 3:45 to take my son to the doctor. My MIL took my daughter back outside as we were leaving. When I returned home and pressed the button for the roller door to come up, I could see a pile of blankets or sheets in the corner of the garage. My MIL, having heard the electric door opening came running from inside the house out to the garage...she looked upset and all I could say was 'what is in all of the sheets? I thought she was going to say a snake, so when she said 'stella' I still thought I heard 'snake'. I said 'what'? She started crying and saying how my daughter had gone outside to stella to pat her and talk to her as she was asleep on the concrete (as usual) and she called out that she wasn't waking up and that there were ants near her mouth. My MIL straight away knew what that meant and ushered my daughter inside and put Stella in blankets and towels in the garage. She said there would have only been a space of 1-2 hours since they were last outside. I got out of the car and went to Stelly. She had bitten her tonge very hard and there was blood. I thought she must have hurt herself but she was a ten year old cav on heart meds and looking back over her last few days, it would seem that her heart just gave up, especially with the heat today.

We are so devastated. We resuced this dog from Sydney Dogs home in 2007. She was named Jolie and she was just adorable. She has cost us the price of a small home in the time we were lucky enough to have her but she brought so much joy to our lives.

We are worried about Cooper, our male cav now as we work fulltime and he will now be home alone during the week days from 8-4.

Stelly, you were such a beautiful girl. We will always love you so so much. Thank you for everything you taught us. I hope you are happy wherever you are.post-11278-0-86924400-1392285501_thumb.jpg