Wahl Clippers Not Working

dammit

I have a grooming question I am hoping someone can help me with. I have a set of wahl KMSS clippers with a #10 competition series blade.

I tried to clip my dog on the weekend (having owned and used it for many years and never having an issue), and it cut through one big clump like normal and then completely gave up, the clippers still move and all looks normal, but when I put it through hair it just grunts and won't cut through.

Has something broken with them or is this normal when the blades go blunt?

Can I just buy a new #10 blade (about $30 online), or does the other part of the clippers (the bit that moves back and forth) also need replacing or sharpening?

Does anyone know what sharpening costs or any places or people that do it? Do you send both the blade and the thing that moves to be sharpened? I am in Brisbane if that helps.

Our blades are sharpened yearly ,you also should be replacing the tongue on the clippers yearly .

We also unscrew the clippers heads on ours & give them a cllean out of hair that builds up

Washing the blades is also important .

If you have only been using the one blade for all these years you have been lucky .

Hard to say what the issue is

It could be the blades are blunt. My blade needs resharpening generally after 10 clips of my spoodle. Botany Bay Imports in Sydney do a sharpening service for around $15 and will post them back to you. I'd be inclined to get the clippers serviced as well if you've been using them for years.

It could be the blades are blunt. My blade needs resharpening generally after 10 clips of my spoodle. Botany Bay Imports in Sydney do a sharpening service for around $15 and will post them back to you. I'd be inclined to get the clippers serviced as well if you've been using them for years.

Only 10 clips ??

We groom full full time & never need blades sharpened after 10 clips