Spine Suddenly Unstable :(

Kirislin

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donatella

Oh shivers sorry to hear this! How awful and how life changes dramatically in seconds. Thinking of your girl and sending you all love :grouphug:

She slept reasonably well I think but I didn't. I kept one ear open for any sounds from her. I initially crated her in my room but she started to cry just before midnight. I think it was just because she wanted to get out, not from pain. I let her out and she wandered into the family room and settled down on some fleecy blankets which I suspect are rather like sleeping on a cloud. I decided to leave her there but it meant I had to shut my bedroom door which I never do normally, to stop her from coming in and jumping on the bed while I was asleep. I want to prevent her from jumping on anything from now on.

I'm going to take the others for a walk soon but I'll leave her at home. I think she's had her last walk at the park for this lifetime.

It's early morning here 3.45am and I cannot sleep. I watched Kibah closely yesterday as she moved around and it became clear to me the medication wasn't covering the pain. I rang the vet and arranged for him to come to my home to let her go. Not long before he arrived she was laying down and started to whimper and it made me know for sure I was making the right and kindest choice.

Kibahs passing was so gentle, she was sedated first and when that last injection was given she just quietly stopped living with no clear transition. I hope it was as peaceful and easy for her as it looked.

I will bury her today when it gets light and I will plant a fruit tree on her grave. She loved fruit so she can nourish my tree and I will think of her, my mighty killer of mouses, my spider slayer, wonderful, brave, funny, loving little girl, Kibah, Hydale Blue Wren, when that tree bears it's bounty.

Oh Kirislin I am so sorry for your loss :( I haven't posted before now because I didn't know what to say but know that I was thinking of you both and really hoping things would work out ok....take comfort in knowing that she knew you loved her very much and you have done the kindest thing for Kibah :hug: Kibah was the most beautiful dog I have ever seen and she will be missed by the Dol community. Take care of yourself Kirislin.

Oh Kirslin, I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I know how precious and special Kibah is for you, your tribute to her is absolutely beautiful.

Sending love and hugs,

Run free sweetheart and watch over your Mumma :heart: