Spine Suddenly Unstable :(

Kirislin

That's a stunning photo of her Kirislin. Do whippets wear muzzles when racing as well?

yep they must wear muzzles but I could never get one small enough for her. That one's too big and I'd already pinched up the back of it behind her ears. She used to race against dogs half as big as her again. One time she was just beaten and when she came back to me all smiles and excitement she had footprints all over her back, the dog had literally run straight over the top of her, but she never gave up.

That is a great photo of her Kirislin. She looks like she is gleaming with good health. :heart:

Yes, she really was in her prime there. I loved her metallic shiny coat.

Edited by Kirislin

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah bless her.

Yes I have to pinch Maddie's up as well, her face is so fine muzzles just don't fit her.

Did Feather race as well?

Feather only raced a couple of meetings. She was very promising but the track wasn't well maintained at the time, something to do with change of ownership I think, anyway she split the webbing on one of her front feet and I retired her. I think she would have done well, she was pretty quick for her size.

I just have to show off this photo of her.

My darling girl Kibah in her prime. Peak of health and condition, plenty of heart and lung room in that chest, she was a little ball of muscle and raced as Pocket Rocket. That day all the race dogs wore a little black ribbon in rememberance of a fellow whippet who'd recently died.

12801093093_baf1db8844_z.jpg

Although the racing was purely amateur I took it very seriously and used to trial my whippets twice a week, Mondays and Wednesdays at the Healesville straight track, 340 mts up a slight incline. They were super fit. The greyhound blokes used to be envious at how keen they were. :laugh:

Such a wonderful photo. I can understand the greyhound men being envious.

Thank you (again) for sharing

:angel: