Kibah 1/3/2000-18/2/2014

Kirislin

Farewell my precious little blue whippet. Kibah, Hydale Blue Wren. The dog I'd longed for, for so many years, and who was all I could ever have hoped or imagined. Tiny, petite, courageous, feisty, loving and so much more.

You weren't shown because you aren't the style of the whippets in the ring these days. You are of the old style, small, curvy, compact, deep chested with that beautiful shapely top and underline, and probably small enough to be hidden under a poachers coat, as was the original intention for whippets.

Racing was what you were good at and as Pocket Rocket, in your first year of racing you were only beaten once. I will keep your many racing trophies and be reminded of those happy days and how proud I was of you, beating dogs so much bigger and never giving up.

What am I to do now if I get a mouse or spider in the house, no one else here can deal with them like you did.

You were clever too, learning to understand magpie language and knew their word for FOX! The instant you heard them calling a warning you'd bolt outside on full alert barking your own challenge and sending the intruder packing. None of my other dogs have worked that one out, even now, with you teaching them all those years.

You were my little native herbalist whippet too, teaching the others what plants to eat, when all the other dogs at the park only knew to eat grass, you knew there are other plants that are healthy and good to eat. Perhaps it's why you were so healthy for so long.

funny quirky little girl, thankyou for being the amazing little dog you were, and thankyou for giving me your daughter Feather. She and I will miss you.

Edited by Kirislin

What a wonderful life you had Kibah, run free :rainbowbridge:

My heart is heavy for you Kirislin, it is such a hard time when we say goodbye to our treasured ones. It sounds like you have some very happy memories of Kibah. In time the tears will fade and all that will be left is those happy memories.. :grouphug:

Oh Kirislin I really am sorry for your loss :cry:

It is never easy to say good bye to our furkids .

My thoughts are with you . :hug:

Run amok Kiabah with the many that are waiting at Rainbow Bridge to challenge you in

more race's .

post-2136-0-95586700-1392767051_thumb.jpg

Run free sweet Kibah...

Kirislin - there are a select few very special dogs that come into our lives and intertwine themselves with our soul. Kibah was one of these amazing dogs.

The pain of having a piece of your soul leave you never fades, but as time goes by, we manage to bear that pain more successfully.

Kibah will never really "die", as she will always be in your heart and memories... remember the good times and find the smiles they bring to your heart...

T.