Roo Jerky On Line

Loving my Oldies

I've never been a one for buying my dogs treats, but have always liked to give them strips of roo jerky as a change and something to really gnaw on. I used to get it from a supplier who dried his own, but, sadly, he went out of business. I bought some online, but it was pretty chunky and the little dogs found it hard to get started. Bunter was no problem as I could feed him a whole roo and he wouldn't have a problem.

The product I used to buy was fairly thin and the strips were long, so easy to cut into decent sized and easy to manage pieces for the other dogs.

I've been looking on eBay and, although it is difficult to tell from the photos, the product available seems to be chunky pieces.

Does anyone know where I can buy long thin strips of roo jerky at a reasonable price, please? Prices in pet shops tend to be horrendous.

Edited by Danny's Darling

Actually, I have considered it - even so far as doing the rounds of appliance stores checking them out. But it is just one more thing to find room for in the kitchen and I believe the smell from liver is pretty unpleasant. Plus the fact, I'm a vegetarian and the thought of cutting up liver is a job too far even for the loves of my life :o:o:vomit:

I have done sweet potatoe in the oven :laugh:

I have bought other things from here but they have Roo Jerky - http://australianpettreatcompany.com.au/categories/Pet-Treats/Roo-Products/Roo-Jerky/

Thanks for that link, ness :thumbsup:

Talking of sweet potatoe, how long do you bake it for (and at what temperature) please DD :) ?

Erm Uh, it was not a great success :o:o . Bunter enjoyed it, but the others wouldn't touch it - though that is not unusual.

It remained soft despite being in the oven on, obviously, a very very low temp and for many hours.

It looks like a failure in the making :o

I do occasionally shop at Natural pet store Boronia, but at 100$ a kilo, these jerkies are more expensive than any food I could afford :eek:

OMG! I didn't check the price, that is waaaaay over the top :eek::bolt:

I know! Dog treats are a great money spinner I reckon :D

Well, my sweet potato jerky turned into sweet potato crisps :laugh:

As expected Will turned up his nose at them, and Penny loves them, but they're definitely not long lasting chews!