Goat At A Dog Park

dididog

Clearly done for a bit of a laugh but without any real forethought to the repurcussions... some guy takes his (pretty placid) goat to a really busy dog park... watch here. I for one would be extremely annoyed if that happened while I was at a dog park, some of those dogs came very close to a horn or a hoof to the head and I'm sure could have been pretty badly hurt. Even after seeing that most of the dogs were uncomfortable he still let it off the leash... Sadder still is people feeling the need to tell their dogs off because they are reacting badly to the goat which is fair enough as I assume most city dogs have never seen one! Really irritates me when people do stupid things to their animals for social media attention :mad

In my opinion the goat owner is a fool. Why would he even think of taking a goat to a dog park?

I'm sure the goat would have been stressed with all those naturally inquisitive dogs and it put the dogs in danger of being impaled by those horns.

Goat headbutts hurt [especially with horned goats]. I've had many deep bruises on my legs from my Carl [who's about the same size and horn size as Gary] and that's just from him playing. So for a dog who's smaller rib bones could easily be broken from a playful headbutt [or even a fearful headbutt]. Had a mate who's ridgeback got a few broken ribs from a polled sheep that he went to close to in a paddock.

I usually like the Gary the Goat stories, but this one was a bit silly frown.gif

That poor goat :mad

My initial impression, too. But I wonder how stressed out he was actually? He did have good recall, but that's not to say he should have been allowed into the dog park. I wonder if the council knows and just doesn't care?

I think the dog owners were just as irresponsible, too, but probably don't have much understanding of the damage a hard headed animal can do. No way I'd be allowing my dogs to harass a goat, leash free area or otherwise. :(