Ruby Needs Your Help

ruthless

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Ruth, I am a bit behind on new things: not being on FB. Amazing what a handful of people can make happen.

Best wishes for step 2. I hope she is back with her family soon.

:love: Squishyface Ruby.

Isn't she gorgeous! That photos just sums it all up, for me. It was also pretty hilarious how much energy she had to get out (you can see in the video) and then about 20 minutes later, after licking the kids all over, she was chilled out in the car, waiting to go home.

:rofl: She's such a wiggler! I can imagine there would have been slobbery kisses involved. :heart: That first night back home must have been amazing.

I'm curious as to how the owners of Ruby knew about Team Dog. Until this thread, I'd never heard of them, but then I am not exactly attuned to the radar :) .

As with any problem someone may be having, there are groups and sometimes many groups who might be able to help, but it is actually knowing those groups exist for a start.

There must be many people who find themselves in all sorts of problems not only the one which engulfed Ruby's family.

Do they google? Do they just keep asking until someone knows someone knows someone?? Was is just sheer chance that led Ruby's family to Team Dog or what?

Genuine question because it just seems so random and quite sickening to think of what would have happened had Ruby's family and Team Dog not connected.

The impounding council's animal management officer (Ku-Ring-Gai) knew about Team Dog and referred the family to us.

We have some really good connections with Pound/Council workers and they refer people to us. Now that we're getting a bit more coverage, we hope to build on that network going forward.

Edited by ruthless

The impounding council's animal management officer (Ku-Ring-Gai) knew about Team Dog and referred the family to us.

We have some really good connections with Pound/Council workers and they refer people to us. Now that we're getting a bit more coverage, we hope to build on that network going forward.

I see. There is nothing like the personal contact. You have obviously been working very hard to get your name out there. More strength to you. :thumbsup:

That is fantastic .

Encouraging that they helped Ruby.

Let's pray it is paid forward for other BSL damaged dogs and families.

Thank you again.

Your photos are stunning

:angel:

oh my god I blabbed like a big baby when I watched Ruby's video this morning.

I hope they were happy tears! After making people cry with the first video I did, I really felt an obligation to make a 'happy' video.

And then about a thousand people are saying how much they're crying again! :laugh:

I hope they were happy tears! After making people cry with the first video I did, I really felt an obligation to make a 'happy' video.

And then about a thousand people are saying how much they're crying again! :laugh:

Haha! I know mine were happy tears. Ruby was almost flying with wiggly happiness! Such a lovely pup. I think you should raise funds by auctioning off hugs and kisses from Ruby herself ; p

Haha! I know mine were happy tears. Ruby was almost flying with wiggly happiness! Such a lovely pup. I think you should raise funds by auctioning off hugs and kisses from Ruby herself ; p

Bahaha, we're actually probably going to do something along those lines. Once she's been breed/temp assessed (providing she passes) we were talking about holding a 'meet Ruby' fundraising BBQ, where her followers in Sydney can come along and get cuddles and buy a sausage sandwich too.

Bahaha, we're actually probably going to do something along those lines. Once she's been breed/temp assessed (providing she passes) we were talking about holding a 'meet Ruby' fundraising BBQ, where her followers in Sydney can come along and get cuddles and buy a sausage sandwich too.

In all serious, I think that is a great idea. It makes it so much more real to see the living breathing result of a campaign. And the next time something like this happens, there will be just that more understanding of what is at stake - life, love and happiness.

In all serious, I think that is a great idea. It makes it so much more real to see the living breathing result of a campaign. And the next time something like this happens, there will be just that more understanding of what is at stake - life, love and happiness.

Yes we're hoping so!

We run a 'kissing booth' at our annual shelter fundraiser, always a staffy selected for the job as they love giving 'kisses'! It goes down really well, raises funds and is also good PR for the breed :)

Ooh, Ruby does LOVE to lick faces. I've seen a 'kissing booth' being run by 'Peace, Love & Pit Bulls' over in the States but hadn't thought of it for Ruby. Could be a great idea thank you!

Well she's close enough to me I live near the school she was found at. Keeping my eyes peeled for her ???? I might have to steal a kiss.

:laugh: You must both be very close to one another! I'm sure you will see them around once all of her assessments are completed and they're out walking again! They're lovely, lovely people. You live in a Council that is very compassionate and progressive when it comes to Companion Animals :)