How Do You Track Treatments?

TCB

Calendar on Outlook on my computer. I also have filed every piece of paper ever generated by vets. Also normal paper calendars: one in study and one in kitchen .. the places I spend most of the time.

Rain hail or shine, I am on my computer at some stage throughout each day, so that is the best place - I put all reminders in Calendar on Outlook and the thing is recurring events can be scheduled for years ahead and not deleted until done.

Edited by Danny's Darling

I use an app called iPetCare on my phone. You can add in all types of treatments from vaccinations, worming treatments, flea/tick and it also has weight management so you can track and record your pet's weight. There's space to add dietary requirements and I love that it has a place for your pet's DOB and tells you their age down to years and months.

This inspired me to look for an app - found one called 'pet planner' for android, which seems pretty good. You can have multiple pets, and multiple treatments etc. And it's free :)

I wish I'd thought to have it to track his weight when he was a pup!

I just have reoccurring reminders set up on my Google calendars so they pop up on the computer and on my phone as they're due. I also tend to do everything in the first few days of the month so the end of one month is always a prompt to make sure I haven't run out of anything in time for the next treatment.

I just remember the general time they get it - Mid month. I write the exact day i give it to them on the box and will usually leave the box out during the mid week of the month so i dont forget it the day its due :) And then rewrite the date so i always know when it was last given.

boys get a monthly wormer at the start of every month. I used to have a cute little clock that the vet gave me but when it ran out of batteries a few years ago you couldn't replace them. This way is easy, I have labeled all the sachets so if we 'think' we didn't do it we can check