Whats A Good Waterproof Dog Collar

Sail_Away

What's everyone's favourite waterproof collar and lead used down at the beach and just for swimming in general? I currently have the Surf Dog Australia 100% rubber collar and beach leash (bungee style/flexible) which has been really great but now after using an all rubber collar I think it is causing a bit of hair loss around the throat of my Vizsla due to it not having any padding... This is them here; http://www.surfdogaustralia.com/collections/leads

Thinking I might go for the ezydogs collar because of the neoprene padding... I also love these but they are not really meant for the water http://www.barkindogs.com.au/contents/en-us/d1.html

Any other great choices people have found? smile.gif

My two always wear our Syn Tek collars now. They look like leather and are soft but lighter weight and stronger. They are all weather resistant so they repel water and mud etc. I have matching leashes too! All in purple of course!

I still love leather leashes and collars and prefer leather over all, but for everyday use especially for swimming or when it's wet I almost always use syn tek now.

Edited by huski

My two always wear our Syn Tek collars now. They look like leather and are soft but lighter weight and stronger. They are all weather resistant so they repel water and mud etc. I have matching leashes too! All in purple of course!

I still love leather leashes and collars and prefer leather over all, but for everyday use especially for swimming or when it's wet I almost always use syn tek now.

I saw these on your website K9pro? Are they all rubber though because I am just thinking it will rub too much on her short coat... I have a leather collar and lead I use on her for everything but the beach. smile.gif

I saw these on your website K9pro? Are they all rubber though because I am just thinking it will rub too much on her short coat... I have a leather collar and lead I use on her for everything but the beach. smile.gif

They don't have any padding but syn tek is different to rubber. It's a man made faux leather material that is smooth when you run your hands over it.

Both my dogs are short coated and wear syn tek collars most days and I haven't had any issues with rubbing. not sure if that helps! :)

My two wear comfort flex collars to the beach. They are padded, dry fast, and don't seem to rub.

http://www.cleanrun....product_id=1772

Sent from my iPad

They look good.. seem to be similar to the Ezydog ones as it has the neoprene and webbing but just no buckle...thank you.

Hi Sail Away, the Clean Run ones don't have any neoprene, it is more like padded ripstop with a strong reflective strip (just don't want to misrepresent them)! I will see if I can get a clearer photo for you. I have some that are a couple of years old, lots of swimming, salt water, chlorine and they are still going strong.

We use K9Pro gear a lot of the time and have their leather martingales, leads and also slip leads, but I don't want to ruin them on the beach.Maybe it is time for a Syntek martingale Huski? LOL.

Thank you both! I was mainly thinking something made from neoprene would be best as it is then padded - as you may know Vizsla's only have a single coat and my girl pulls on the lead on our way to the beach (so excited!) and I'm assuming this is causing the hair loss... hopefully not from the buckle of her leather collar.

I thought about getting a cheap leather collar for swimming but it's probably not ideal for everyday water use. Huski - the Syn Tek ones would be good if they are really soft... might be worth trying

My two are brush coats Sail Away,so short coat but pretty dense - but my sister's OH has a horse coat boy (Jonah), and he wears one of these without any issues, although he is nekkid apart from his tick collar at home. Anyway here are a couple of closer shots of the comfortflex ones for comparison for you.

post-35855-0-43007700-1393730305_thumb.jpg

post-35855-0-39473700-1393730304_thumb.jpg

Edited - just realised they are already pics of them wearing them here if you want to have a look:

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/254343-chronicles-of-jonah/page__st__45

Edited by coogie

My two are brush coats Sail Away,so short coat but pretty dense - but my sister's OH has a horse coat boy (Jonah), and he wears one of these without any issues, although he is nekkid apart from his tick collar at home. Anyway here are a couple of closer shots of the comfortflex ones for comparison for you.

post-35855-0-43007700-1393730305_thumb.jpg

post-35855-0-39473700-1393730304_thumb.jpg

Edited - just realised they are already pics of them wearing them here if you want to have a look:

http://www.dolforums...ah/page__st__45

Thanks for the pics Coogie! It was hard to view them properly on the Clean Run website. They look really good, just not sure about the slip lead style but at least no buckles to break!

I have Syntek collars for my three dogs that they wear when swimming. I like them as they're really soft. Unfortunately the gold buckles aren't brass so they do show signs of slight rust from the salt water. It's a pity they don't make them with brass fittings. I also bought one for my daughter's Staffie as her collar was rubbing her neck and it seems to be much better. She wears hers most of the time. The gold colour has pretty much worn off the fittings on hers and they now just look silver coloured. I'm about to buy another one for my pup who has grown out of his.

Both my guys are daily salt water swimmers & I use Ezydog Neo collars. They are great :thumbsup: Padded & made from wet suit type material that is quick drying. They are extremely hard wearing & strong. 3 years on & still going strong. Also the metal on them never rusts. Highly recommend them for beach loving pooches :)

Huski - What is the buckle made out of, is it brass?

I have Syntek collars for my three dogs that they wear when swimming. I like them as they're really soft. Unfortunately the gold buckles aren't brass so they do show signs of slight rust from the salt water. It's a pity they don't make them with brass fittings. I also bought one for my daughter's Staffie as her collar was rubbing her neck and it seems to be much better. She wears hers most of the time. The gold colour has pretty much worn off the fittings on hers and they now just look silver coloured. I'm about to buy another one for my pup who has grown out of his.

Hey guys, the Syn Tek collar hardware is solid stainless steel that is brass plated. Stainless steel is exceptionally strong and our collars are aimed at safety/strength first and foremost. Even high grade stainless steel will show signs of corrosion or staining but this can usually be easily wiped or polished off :)

I like Rogz for everyday and beach wear, I am always at the beach or river with the kids and Maya often keeps her harness on. After salt we just rinse in fresh and hang to dry :) I like that the metal rings are diecast so they rarely break, much more secure than a welded, plus they have lifetime warranty for breaks.

... Also they tome in awesome colours and designs :D