Blind Puppy Needs Home

Another who can not post in the Breeders' Forum, I too would like to say how courageous you were from the moment Reba was bitten, how hard you fought for her and her puppies.

Life is cruel. Now there are two little ones at The Rainbow Bridge who were lucky to have had a small chance. A hard choice you made for the best interests of these little ones must be acknowledged.

Took courage and you have that aplenty.

Much love to you, to Reba, to the living puppies & a wee prayer for the sweet gals.

:angel: :angel:

You made a hard decision but it was the right one for those wee little ones. You and Reba have done so well to come through this and although it doesn't take away the pain of losing these two precious souls I am glad that you and Reba still have your three others to hold in your arms(paws) as some comfort, you should both be very proud of the way you have come through the past weeks.

So sad but it certainly sounded like the right decision.

I've followed the story through both threads. You have handled such a difficult situation with a balance of sensitivity, compassion and logic. I'm sorry it didn't end in a way that made you smile.

For what it's worth, I think you have made the right decision.

Sadly the kind of homes attracted to such pups are not always the right ones and the chance that such dogs may end up bouncing from home to home is not remote.

You have done what is best for these pups IMO.

Sadly the kind of homes attracted to such pups are not always the right ones and the chance that such dogs may end up bouncing from home to home is not remote.

I have to agree.

You get some people who want to take on a special needs dog, thinking it's going to be all sunshine and rainbows and happy feelings (and, let's face it, the admiration of others). The reality, speaking as someone with a half-blind, epileptic dog, is that such dogs require huge amounts of patience and often more time than a healthy dog. Some people are willing to accept that extra work, many get sick of it.

I have to agree.

You get some people who want to take on a special needs dog, thinking it's going to be all sunshine and rainbows and happy feelings (and, let's face it, the admiration of others).

Anyone who thinks dogs can't be the victims of Munchausen by proxy Syndrome needs to only search the internet for evidence. Dogs with disabilities can attract a certain kind of attention seeker. :(

Apart from loving her to death by the time she was ready for adoption, there were other reasons I adopted Pickles myself... namely I wasn't too sure about the type of people who would deliberately seek out a disabled pup to adopt.

Once the novelty factor wears off, you still have a disabled dog you have to live with for however long...

Pickles fits in here just like every other member of the family, and we don't notice the disaility all that much as we have lived with it for 3 years now - but she gets a lot of stares when out and about doing her "interesting" walk... *grin*

T.

I have to agree.

You get some people who want to take on a special needs dog, thinking it's going to be all sunshine and rainbows and happy feelings (and, let's face it, the admiration of others).

Anyone who thinks dogs can't be the victims of Munchausen by proxy Syndrome needs to only search the internet for evidence. Dogs with disabilities can attract a certain kind of attention seeker. :(

I was only talking about that the other day! A rescuer or two definitely have something seriously wrong. Seriously disturbing.

Photos and flowery stories of being such a wonderful person to an ill special needs dog nobody wanted, dogs are dragged around for photo opportunities. Then it follows the same pattern, ill dogs are put to sleep when the praise and donations run out. (Cue the outpouring of sympathies) Or are given away to people who also crave the the attention. And people eat it up. I can't understand how they can't see it.

eta yes DD I think there was! Forgot about that one. I'm pretty sure there's been a fair few by now.

Edited by Powerlegs