Lump In Mammary Area

Thanks for asking Tassie.

Poppy had her drainage tube out today. All seems to be going well. She thinks she should be allowed outside so must feel not too bad. Amber is being very cute hanging out with her and they have kisses even with the cone on.

I am going to go stir crazy before they do, lol.

:thumbsup: That sounds really good - well except for the you going stir crazy bit :laugh: . Sweet that Amber is being such a good carer :D .

Poppy's wound has more bruising around it then the vets think it should have. They think she has been worrying at it but I am not sure how as I have pretty much been with her the entire time. She now has sedatives for night time.

I am glad your vet sent the lump for pathology. A good vet will always tell an owner this MUST be done. The number one piece of advice I would give anyone is ALWAYS no matter how skilled or confident your vet is that the lump is not cancer, send it to the lab anyway. For an extra $150 or so dollars it is the only way cancer can be ruled out. So many dogs die because this is not done and by the time the dog gets sick a couple of months (depending on the type of tumour) later it is often way to late by then as it may have spread to internal organs which is why the dog has become sick.

ALWAYS ALWAYS send tumours to the lab. There are many type of skin tumours and here is a list of them. An analogy. Would you go to your own GP let him remove a skin tumour and not want it sent to the lab even if your told its not cancer??? One would hope not. No different for our dogs. They depend on us making the right decision.

http://www.caninecancer.org.au/typesofcancers.html#SKIN

Great advice.

:thumbsup: