Pregnant Dog In Need Sth Coast Nsw

Is anyone in a position to assist a large breed dog who is pregnant(due early april), owners are moving and she is in danger of going to the pound(and she's not got much weight on her as it is :( ). She's a pretty tan girl, dane/mastiff/wolfy, slimmer tending towards the dane/wolfy I think, like a scruffy dane. She is located very close to me and I am happy to get her and hold her for now as long as she gets along with mine but can't have a heap of extra puppies here, can go part way towards Canberra or Sydney if it helps anyone.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she goes to the pound she will possibly have more chance of rescue if it is a pound that rescues work with. The pound won't want to keep her there if she is about to drop. She will go to someone under duty of care.

Edited by ~Anne~

If she can be Vacc asap, I can probably have her here, I have a litter due early April so cannot risk my girl and her pups. I will have a chat to the OH tonight and try and set up a seperate area for her away from my guys, which wont be an issue but will need help from the OH to do it :)

May be able to assist with transport but not for nearly three weeks, kelpie cuddles, if you temp care her, my husband will be driving to Port Macquarie around the first Friday in April if that might help get her closer to any rescues up the coastline? Will also be driving to Canberra around Friday 21st March if anyone around Canberra is able to help her.

Edited to add the local pound here is run by RSPCA and they have previously had litters to care for, the staff sometimes took orphaned litters home but I don't know how they operate at present. I hope she finds rescue before she falls into the wrong hands.

Edited by Flippy Dog

OK great, sounds like regardless someone will be able to have her, I'll let the lady know that i'll take her and we'll work things out from there :)

Brilliant! Thank you.

Poor darling at least has a chance of TLC before whelping. LIfe is cruel at times.

PM'd you too

:heart:

Well it sounds like she's keen and Nina has said she can take her without there being the issue of compromising another pregnant bitch, does this work well for everyone?

I'm going to hopefully get my hands on her tomorrow if I can and find out what her status is as far as vacs, chips, etc. I know of this family and I suspect she hasn't had much done but since she is only young maybe she had some puppy vacs she is still fairly covered by.

post-6758-0-49129300-1394433723_thumb.jpg