Pregnant Dog In Need Sth Coast Nsw

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for your offer Sheree, given that we have now had an offer from someone who doesn't have another pregnant bitch to worry about I think that will work better. She looks healthy but I doubt she has had much in the way of vacs and wouldn't want any risk to your girl.

I know the family through my children's school, they are nice enough people but not very responsible if you know what I mean. I'm so glad to know she isn't going to some of the other people that asked about her, I know a few of them through my work at the pet shop and even the pet shop tries to not sell to them LOL

Thanks for the offer of help with vaccs but I think it's best to wait since she is pregnant. I'm trying to find out when she was last done, as long as it's within the last couple of years I'd be fairly happy she'd still likely have reasonable immunity.

ETA: Just got a message to say she's recently been wormed and is due for her next vaccination in a months time at one year of age. Poor girl's only a baby herself :( At least she's had the necessary prevention done for parasites and diseases even if they did drop the ball on the desexing!

Edited by kelpiecuddles

Thanks for the offer of help with vaccs but I think it's best to wait since she is pregnant. I'm trying to find out when she was last done, as long as it's within the last couple of years I'd be fairly happy she'd still likely have reasonable immunity.

Offer stands if you need help for whelping too.

They have another dog as well that they are trying to rehome. I've given them some advice on the best way to rehome him and hoping they will be able to rehome him themselves, if he is friendly at least the pound here are nice people and won't euth him so he probably doesn't warrant taking up another place in rescue if you know what I mean. The female was a little more at risk due to being pregnant and the sort of people who were clearly asking after her just for a quick buck.

This is the msg I had from Mary who is going to care for her (does she have a name by the way ? )

"Nina can you let your forum readers know that the gorgeous giant will b given the best of care during her confinement and whelping. My mother was a registered breeder and we had many pregnant bitches over the years and a good birthing record. We r all set to give her the care she deserves."

Naw that's lovely Nina, did you see the photo I posted on the previous page?

Apparantly their other dog is the father, he is arab cross mastiff but apparently just under knee height, going from the dodgy photo that I can half see him in I'd say he may have some staffy in him although he's only 7 months so more growing to go yet.

Edited by kelpiecuddles

Naw that's lovely Nina, did you see the photo I posted on the previous page?

Apparantly their other dog is the father, he is arab cross mastiff but apparently just under knee height, going from the dodgy photo that I can half see him in I'd say he may have some staffy in him although he's only 7 months so more growing to go yet.

So dad is only a baby too :( Oh ok...just seen the photo, she looks a bit lab/mastiff/dane/ridgeback Im thinking but at least she's not brindle,lol

I thought maybe a bit of lab too, she's certainly a pretty girl. Apparently she lays next to the babies cradle and is very devoted, good with kids and other dogs. Owner wasn't sure how she would be with cats and small furries so I'll test that for you here.

Dad is tan and white so bodes well for non brindle pups too ;)

Edited by kelpiecuddles