Flying Dogs East To West Coast Costs?

The $135.00 amount is normally for accompanied animal price. Crate hire is usually extra and varies depending on company that you hire from.

Virgin Airlines allow for two passenger animals and four freight animals per flight, so early bookings are recommended. Qantas passenger animals numbers vary depending on the size of aircraft being used.

Based on the information provided, as a guide, a 22kg dog from Perth to Brisbane including crate hire is $480.00.

Not sure why, but have had three calls this afternoon asking for the same specifications!!!

Lol.. Not from me. ????

Blue went accompanied with a friend over to Perth earlier this year via qantas. The $135 was the accompanied price I paid direct at AAE terminal. No third freight company used. My friend had her WACCC card with her, so he took over my dog and two of her own on heir airline ticket. I use the crate exchange group on FB to use the flight to return a XL crate she had sent over awhile ago for one of her poodles.

My dog is due to return in June. I had looked into returning him earlier by freight rather than accompanied. had priced from Dogtainers here a price to bring him home. (Jet pets at the time would not answer their phone) Dogtainers price was $640 inc crate hire. I rang jet pets again later that day and was quoted $540 inc. crate hire. $100 cheaper than Dogtainers. Cheaper again if I had my own crate (about $80 from memory).

Virgin has been cheaper when I haven been flying pups around than qantas. However I have found that some smaller airports only have only one freight company. Launceston was virgin, whereas Canberra was qantas, so I could not specify in these circumstances which airline I wanted the pup to fly when I had made my booking.

Wayrid, the border collie national is on at the month in Melbourne , if your enquiries are border collie dogs, so that could be the reason for the queries.

Wayrid, the border collie national is on at the month in Melbourne , if your enquiries are border collie dogs, so that could be the reason for the queries.

I always suggest to breeders/exhibitors to see if they can make savings wherever possible. I have even taken dogs on tickets with me when I have flown to save people some money.

Not sure the significance of the border collie national in Melbourne, the people were asking for 22kg dog from Perth to Brisbane! Same specifications as your earlier post.

May I suggest that someone has read the post and enquired to see what my prices would be!

I always suggest to breeders/exhibitors to see if they can make savings wherever possible. I have even taken dogs on tickets with me when I have flown to save people some money.

Not sure the significance of the border collie national in Melbourne, the people were asking for 22kg dog from Perth to Brisbane! Same specifications as your earlier post.

May I suggest that someone has read the post and enquired to see what my prices would be!

More than likely then.

Edited by Mystiqview