Public Liability Insurance

I am looking into getting public liability which would cover me for Bunnings BBQ and other Market sites but also need it for my volunteers at the kennels. Has anybody got anything like this, because I have rang a couple of insurance companies today and they will insure my volunteers but not for any problems with dogs.

I wonder what they were insuring for.

For my pet sitting business I use Premier Pets - www.premierpets.com.au

At the time I was looking they were the only ones I could find that were suitable for me ... not sure about it covering fundraising events etc but if you talk to the brokers I think they just add in different clauses etc to cover different scenarios.

Hi

I have coverage from 'Traders Voice' by QBE....they were great to deal with and covers Market stalls and stalls in shopping centres. I don't know if they will cover the dog side of things so you may end up having to have 2 different policies.

Let me know if you need the link or just do a Google search for 'traders voice'

If you are set up as a not-for-profit, CRISP insurance may help. They would not insure me as I ran my rescue as a registered private business(running at a loss) but they do have insurance policies for NFP. I'm unsure if they cover accident or injury caused by the dogs in a kennel situation though as it seemed to be an exclusion on most policies I looked at. Warning, it isn't cheap insurance though.

We used Crisp when we were doing Pacers - they were great and allowed us to include ALL of our volunteers under the one policy - up to 20 without extra costs and you dont have to name the volunteers either.

• 3 weeks later...