Looking For A Rental Or House Sitting Opportunity In Qld

Sail_Away

Hi DOLers

This is most likely a long shot but I thought I would put it out there.. I am looking for a rental property or house sitting opportunity between April and October (preferably) for myself (29 years), mother and Vizsla... Our house has just sold and while my mother builds her next house we require short term (6 months) accommodation. With a dog it can be difficult and I thought I would just see whether anyone on here requires a house sitter or knows of a rental in the Gold Coast/Norther Rivers, NSW region.... I am an animal lover and welcome the opportunity to care for someone else's pets whilst they are away.

Feel free to PM me if you know of anyone or would like more information about myself. I'm not expecting a result from posting on here but thought as we are all dog lovers, people may know of some other options or avenues I could investigate...

Thanks for listening smile.gif

Hi DOLers

This is most likely a long shot but I thought I would put it out there.. I am looking for a rental property or house sitting opportunity between April and October (preferably) for myself (29 years), mother and Vizsla... Our house has just sold and while my mother builds her next house we require short term (6 months) accommodation. With a dog it can be difficult and I thought I would just see whether anyone on here requires a house sitter or knows of a rental in the Gold Coast/Norther Rivers, NSW region.... I am an animal lover and welcome the opportunity to care for someone else's pets whilst they are away.

Feel free to PM me if you know of anyone or would like more information about myself. I'm not expecting a result from posting on here but thought as we are all dog lovers, people may know of some other options or avenues I could investigate...

Is sunshine coast to far north? I might know somewhere in Mooloolaba, its a house that is empty somewhat as the person is away nearly 3 weeks out of 4, let me know and I will ask. Its an older style house it's not fenced but im sure dogs would be fine but you might have to put up temporary fencing or a dog yard.

Hi DOLers

Is sunshine coast to far north? I might know somewhere in Mooloolaba, its a house that is empty somewhat as the person is away nearly 3 weeks out of 4, let me know and I will ask. Its an older style house it's not fenced but im sure dogs would be fine but you might have to put up temporary fencing or a dog yard.

I really appreciate your post, so thank you so much for the reply however, Sunshine Coast is too far north unfortunately as I work in Tweed Heads, NSW so need somewhere within reasonable driving distance to the area. Thanks once again smile.gif

I am going away mid May and would love someone to come and spoil my 2 staffies but I'm only going for 2 weeks so i think that might be a little toooo short term :laugh:

That is a little too short term unfortunately frown.gif If I didn't have my dog to care for, then I definitely would have been happy to do that for you! I hope you find someone who can - there are some companies out there which come to your house and pet sit when on holidays... better than kennels! Good luck

Haha yeah i thought it would Be :p my brother in law lives on our bottom level so he will look after them for me, I just like it if someones stays in our house so they still get to have cuddles on the lounge in the evening and sleep in the bed haha. I'm working on my brother who is back at mum and dads at the moment lol. I actually have a pet sitting business myself and couldn't agree more with you last sentence :laugh: :D

How about Chinderah? here is a link on rentals in the surrounding area http://www.realestat...nsw+2487/list-1

and here is a little $300 p/w house with a fence that'll do for a few months http://www.realestat...south-412676767

Is Mullumbimbi too far away? (it is pretty there) http://www.realestat...bimby-412483747

Edited by Boronia

Heaps of cheap rentals around Tweed Heads and when I lived up there, albeit 10 years ago, they were very pet friendly. As Boronia said look around Chinderah and Cudgen, I used to work at the Chinderah Pub and the Dolphins Hotel :) , or even Murwillumbah, Clothiers Creek. Only 30 mins to Tweed. I lived at Cabarita at the time and still have friends at Kingscliff but a quick look at rentals shows that area isn't cheap these days.

Edited by HazyWal

Heaps of cheap rentals around Tweed Heads and when I lived up there, albeit 10 years ago, they were very pet friendly. As Boronia said look around Chinderah and Cudgen, I used to work at the Chinderah Pub and the Dolphins Hotel :) , or even Murwillumbah, Clothiers Creek. Only 30 mins to Tweed. I lived at Cabarita at the time and still have friends at Kingscliff but a quick look at rentals shows that area isn't cheap these days.

Chinderah is so pretty, I bought my electric bike from a happy woman at the caravan park office :D

Chinderah is so pretty, I bought my electric bike from a happy woman at the caravan park office :D

Chinderah is lovely and lots of caravan parks! I was the unofficial courtesy bus as I used to drive all the drunks home after my shift lol

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I live on the NSW border so am familiar with chinderah etc.. I'll just keep an eye out on rentals, I'm sure we'll find something. I don't think it will be possible to arrange a house sit for those dates plus having my dog with me so I think I need to scrap that thought. smile.gif