A Whole Year Chasing Rabbits

tikira

My morning this day last year showed no sign of the pain to come, we shared toast, we danced together, we baked in the autumn sun. Then the unthinkable happened, Tip and the brown snake both lost their lives, there was nothing I could do, and he passed quietly in the back seat of the car, just as I reached the vet... I was not holding him as he passed, and that haunts me.

Tip was our first dog, the first living breathing soul we were soley responsible for, and it was a learning curve at 40 years of age. He was stubborn, and opinionated and perfect for us, we still miss him everyday.

But the awful depression I felt has finally gone away now, I knew that when the time was right Tip would once again make our lives whole, and he did that in September, when we welcomed Jingo into our family.Tip knew exactly what we needed, a different dog altogether, but in some ways so much like Tip, and we welcome those times when Jing "channels" Tip, it is those times that melts my heart....

The hardest part is knowing that every time I wish Tippy back, it feels like a dis-service to Jingo, because I know that if Tip was still here, I would not have the deliciously warm heart beating under my computer table right now, Tip chose my new boy perfectly, and I thank him for that gift.

It’s time to send you a gift

He wandered towards them, there was excitement in the air,

He said “I have a special friend, and I need someone to care”

As He chatted at the Rainbow Bridge while sitting on the ground,

One Dog listened carefully as He spoke, he didn’t make a sound.

Tippy thought hard, considered it, before he finally spoke up,

“I think I know the perfect family for this little pup.

My humans are grieving me since I was called back home,

But I know they need a friend, so they are not alone.”

They need a companion, they have so much that they can give,

And this dog needs a family, for as long as he shall live.

This puppy needs a strong, loving, gentle and steady hand,

Truly I can think of no better home, in the whole of the land.

I know it will be hard for them, they loved me through the years,

But honestly, I can’t stand to see them sad, I hate to see the tears.

They may not think it now, but their heart will expand with love,

When they meet this gift I want to send, straight from Heaven above.

Tikira 2013

Run free....Run fast.... catch those bunnies my beautiful boy. :rainbowbridge:

Di

post-21758-0-95782700-1394745038_thumb.jpg

Beautiful Tikira

The hardest part is knowing that every time I wish Tippy back, it feels like a dis-service to Jingo, because I know that if Tip was still here, I would not have the deliciously warm heart beating under my computer table right now.

Try not to feel like that, I'm sure Tippy loved seeing you happy and would love to know that Jingo is helping you feel like that :)

Thanks Perse, Lisa and Clover.

Posting this tribute here and the "safety" of being able to express my grief within the DOL community, where we have all either been through this, or will go through it is a healing thing to do. I do find "that look" you get in non pet owners eyes if you should try to bring up something from a year ago hurtful- they seem to think I should have moved on by now. :cry:

I hope by posting my thoughts here, they may in some small way help others too. The emotionnal roller coaster we are on after this sort of thing happens sometimes crashes big time, and I guess the first Anniversary is one of those times. I am so grateful to have Jingo and Kira here at this moment, though I think yesterday they thought I was a little over the top, coming running to check on them if they made any noise at all :laugh:

Di

I hope by posting my thoughts here, they may in some small way help others too. The emotionnal roller coaster we are on after this sort of thing happens sometimes crashes big time, and I guess the first Anniversary is one of those times. I am so grateful to have Jingo and Kira here at this moment, though I think yesterday they thought I was a little over the top, coming running to check on them if they made any noise at all :laugh:

Di

I tried to reply yesterday but had issues seeing, Grit in the eyes, you would understand. Yes, these posts are of comfort to many of us.

Your words are so beautiful. I can see that bold little man. And wish you happiness with Jingo & Kira. Tip will be guarding you all from the Rainbow Bridge.

Blessings

:heart: