Help With Vet That Works With Rescue Close To Central Station Sydney P

I have befriended a lovely homeless lady at Central Station Sydney who has a gorgeous very happy little Foxi companion called Minnie. We were talking this morning and she mentioned concern about Minnie coming into season which would obviously be very problematic considering her living arrangements. I would like to help her to have 'Minnie' desexed, vaccinated etc and was wondering where the closest vet to Central Station(offering rescue rates)might be?

Thanks

Caz :)

Edited by Cazstaff

Yes Cazstaff :thumbsup: that is so very thoughtful & kind of you to help this dear little girl & her homeless owner :)

I too hope you can find a Vet to help you with this. With most poor homeless people, their little pal is all they have. Mini coming into season would be the very last thing she would need. She would be struggling to feed 1 Mini let alone any baby Mini's.

Not sure which if any do rescue but I have found over the years that most vets are willing to help out when there is a legitimate need.

I'd give a couple of these a call and explain the situation and see what they will do.

Surry Hills Vet

419 Cleveland St

Redfern, NSW, 2016

(02) 9699 3951

Pyrmont Vet Clinic

3 Union St

Pyrmont, NSW, 2009

(02) 8203 0355

Sydney Animal Hopsital

69 Erskineville Rd

Erskineville, NSW, 2043

(02) 9519 4111

Edited by ~Anne~

Just a thought but for now could you help her make a little pair of pants for her girl out of a pair of small undies(hole cut for tail) and some sanitary pads so that at least she can keep her girl clean to start with and also reduce the chance of a male dog managing to get to her, I imagine it would be hard to find a safe place for her where she can be kept completely away from other dogs in her situation.

Vaccinations can be done for free through this organisation http://www.petsinthepark.org.au/#!/page_clinic provided she is able to obtain a referral through one of these organisatons

http://admin.petsinthepark.org.au/forms/List_Of_Referral_Services.pdf

Darlinghurst Vet at 234b Crown St Darlinghurst 02 93802300 will do spey for $285.00. The vet nurse said it would cost $10 - $20 in a taxi from Central Railway Stn.

Animal Doctors are closer at Surry Hills but quoted $358.60 for spey.

Caz - is there any way someone could get this lady and her dog to either Kogarah or Belmore Vet clinics on a week day?

I'm sure if you rang and spoke to Dr Ben Acheson and explained the situation, he'd give the best price around within cooee of the CBD..

http://www.belmorevet.com.au/ - Ben is there on Mondays.

http://www.kogarahvet.com/ - Tuesday-Friday

If you do chat to him, tell him I said g'day and Trouble the Labrador sends him big licks...

T.

DABS still does desexing co-payments to vets too. Not sure of the details anymore - which vets, where, how - but a little tiny girl pup down the street is being spayed for $130 for a pensioner.

Considering DABS was bequeathed nearly a million dollars a few years back, they could have all the dogs in Sydney desexed let alone those of homeless people. :(

City of Sydney Council have a great set up for their low income or disadvantaged residents and will be able to provide very low cost desexing (from memory about $50?). They will even transport the dog to their vet in Sylvania and back. Might be worth giving them a call on her behalf.

Thankyou so much for all the advise guys (and the offers of $$ if needed),that gives me lots to follow up for her. Pets in the Park looks to be a fantastic service, what a wonderful practical idea.

Tania is the sweetest lady, always has a smile for me and her little Minnie is delightful and soooo loved. I am very fond of them both.

Im at Uni 4 days a week now and miss my dogs terribly! I look at Minnie having her mum all day and think how lucky she is :)