Help With Vet That Works With Rescue Close To Central Station Sydney P

The vet nurse said it would cost $10 - $20 in a taxi from Central Railway Stn.

Taxi drivers might refuse the fare because there's a wee dog involved.

Often they would be concerned of damage and down time.

Anyone ever tried to get a taxi in Sydney with a dog tucked under your arm? You've buckley's. Doesn't matter if the dog is a 2kg tiny and the taxi drivers look as though they haven't bathed or shaved for a week and the taxi cab is a health hazard on wheels. Ooooohhh nooooooo!!! A filthy dog? No way. :mad:mad

The vet nurse said it would cost $10 - $20 in a taxi from Central Railway Stn.

Taxi drivers might refuse the fare because there's a wee dog involved.

Often they would be concerned of damage and down time.

Anyone ever tried to get a taxi in Sydney with a dog tucked under your arm? You've buckley's. Doesn't matter if the dog is a 2kg tiny and the taxi drivers look as though they haven't bathed or shaved for a week and the taxi cab is a health hazard on wheels. Ooooohhh nooooooo!!! A filthy dog? No way. :mad:mad

LOL , so true! I wouldn't expect her to catch a taxi, Im happy to drive in and take them wherever they need to go and get them back home.

• 4 weeks later...

Thankyou everyone for your offers of help and information.

Little Minnie had all her vet work done yesterday and came through beautifully thanks to DABS :) Andrea contacted me very soon after I posted about Minnie and said this is something Norma would want to do so lets do it!

Tania was so grateful of the help for her best mate.

The staff at the vet commented on what a beautiful happy social little dog she was and they had all fallen for her.

:thumbsup:

PS: We did Taxi's from Central to the vet at Randwick and back (and then again to pick her up) and even though a couple of taxi's refused us we were able to get drivers who were happy to take us :) So cheers to the dog friendly cabbies :cheers:

Edited by Cazstaff

Brilliant work, Cazstaff --- and indeed thanks be there are some normal taxi drivers out there.

:clap: Cazstaff & Andrea

And yes, there are taxi drivers who carry dogs - we actually prefer them to kids, they are generally better behaved :)

Hey some of us have Norma looking over our shoulder all the time - which is why I'm honest in putting up a house ful sign!

Strongest biggest most amazing woman I've ever met. I hope to be as strong and bolshy as her soon.

Thankyou everyone for your offers of help and information.

Little Minnie had all her vet work done yesterday and came through beautifully thanks to DABS :) Andrea contacted me very soon after I posted about Minnie and said this is something Norma would want to do so lets do it!

Tania was so grateful of the help for her best mate.

The staff at the vet commented on what a beautiful happy social little dog she was and they had all fallen for her.

PS: We did Taxi's from Central to the vet at Randwick and back (and then again to pick her up) and even though a couple of taxi's refused us we were able to get drivers who were happy to take us :) So cheers to the dog friendly cabbies :cheers:

Brilliant news!!!! Nice to read the cabbies helped as well .

What a gift for the lady & her companion too.

Thank you.