Pakenham Show

amby

I Cant believe they are holding Pakenham Aggi show at the old footy oval, it really is a joke. Not much will be there which is a shame, I feel sorry for the public that goes, am glad it is FREE entry. I remember showing at the Racecourse many years ago with horses. I just hope it all works and they find a decent venue for next year where all can be shown, exhibited, and be a family fun day, like it used to be.

anyway, good luck to all exhibitors and may you have a good day.

Edited by amby

The rides are SO close to the road it's not funny, I really hope that they close off the road. Where on earth are all the people meant to park? Clearly they have not though this through, would have been better to hold it at the new footy oval - at least there are 3 ovals and a bit more parking.

I feel so bad for the people showing their dogs there today, they were so squished in with hardly any room for anyone to walk around. After speaking to a few people, they wont be going next year if it's held at the same grounds. What a shame

The space allocated for stalls and events is allocated by the agricultural society. They sell space to stalls, clubs and businesses. Then they squish them all in and hope the public will come to see the events and patronize the stalls. If the society president is to be believed they did not know how much room the dog section requires....I wonder if he had ever walked around the show on show day just to see when we were at the racecourse. I also wonder if they actually thought about the OHS issues and possible insurance risks of asking people to run on that surface.