My Pug Has Died

Queen Maeby

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them both. I think the first one would be my preference.. but only just.

It's a great site isn't it. They have such a beautiful range. I love the urns I have and they look beautiful in my home.

Oh no, I just saw this thread. So very sorry for your loss PFL. You were always so supportive of our little group in the Palliative Care forum, so just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you at this sad time. :hug:

I can't decide which urn to get. I'm thinking of getting this larger one and putting his collar, lead and harness in there. I can't imagine using them on another Pug.

nilay-floral-urn-blackbronze.jpg

Once the brass ages I think it will look stunning.

eta

Maybe I could put a favourite toy in there as well? This was his favourite toy. He had it since he was a baby.

bellabehave.jpg

Do you think that's silly?

Edited by puggedforlife

I'm not sure if I should wash his collar and harness etc and the toy... They're pretty dirty :laugh:

I kind of want to leave everything the way it is. I don't think it's disrespectful to put them in dirty. And he liked them like that.

I'd probably just go with the smaller one although it would be handy to be able to place everything in the urn.

Anne, are your Pug's ashes stored loose in the urn? Or do you have them in a plastic bag?

Molly's came to me in a cloth bag so I put the whole bag in the urn. Monte, to my horror, was put into a sandwich bag. I had another cloth bag that came with the urn so I transferred his ashes to this and then put it in the urn.

I didn't want to see him in plastic and even had the vet promise to wrap him in a blanket I left with him and place him on plastic if there were any problems. I was distraught when he came back in plastic and a sandwich bag at that. I know not everyone will understand that but, to me, it was a very emotional time and I had my reasons for the aversion to the plastic.

With both Monte and Molly, the bag fitted in very, very snugly.

Edited by ~Anne~

Perhaps if the harness and toys don't fit you can find a nice wooden box somewhere or paint one if you're feeling arty and keep them separate? In time you might want to take them out and have a hug of the toy. Never know!