My Pug Has Died

Queen Maeby

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry and shocked that Grover left so suddenly. You were with him in the end and he was at home...life as normal until the end. You did everything you could but so much can be beyond intervention...he had a love-filled life with you, never forget how good you gave. The beach looks really lovely for his resting place, back to nature. Please be gentle and patient with yourself in this time when you will be adjusting to life without the little one xxx

O Maeby, I am so sorry to hear about Grover, what a shock. I always read your posts as I liked to hear about him...a fantastic happy-hearted little dog.

My condolences to you.

And Grover....may you have the most wonderful beaches to run and explore in Dog Heaven

I'm so sorry for your loss and I'm also very sorry it happened in a way that would have been distressing for you.

I could tell from your posts how much you loved him and he would have well and truly known that.

I'm so sorry Maeby. I just posted in the other thread in Health.

There isnt much I can say that hasn't already been said. He joins many special little pugs already at the bridge.

I know it hurts like hell. Be kind to yourself. Talk about him and share you stories here. I never knew his name until now and I loved seeing pics of him. I'd love to see more. He was obviously very much loved.

Rip little man.

Edited by ~Anne~

Oh Andrea! I'm so so so sorry. I know how much you loved your baby. We are both women who live alone with our dogs so I do understand what a gaping hole he will leave in your life. I am devastated for you and sending you lots and lots of virtual love. You were so devoted to him and he was so lucky to have lived and died with you and the oceans of love you washed him with.

PM anytime if you want to vent/grieve/yell/cry. And I think now is the time when you're allowed to have a few (but not too many) Baileys.

Thinking of you. xx

P.S. I'm quoting some of these lovely messages because I feel exactly the same way.

So sorry for your loss. It doesn't change anything and will not change a thing for you now. But you know what - he died in the arms of the person he loved. There is no good way to die for anyone, but there is no better way to die than doing it knowing you are loved and cherished. RIP Little Puggy Man

puggedforlife

That is so unfair, especially so soon after getting the lumps off and all. You and the vet were doing all the right things for him. This is just not fair.

You have every right to feel angry and sad and upset and grief and rage and laugh at the good memories and then feel sad again... and anything else you feel or not feel is ok too.

oh, hell.

:hug:

you must be shattered.

You know what tho?

His body chose the time & place ... at home with you, when you hadn't to worry about any hard decisions or treatments ...

if dogs could choose , that would be it -second to just sleeping while it happened - to stop breathing, and be held tight for those last seconds ...where they belong-listening to your heart ..

Thinking of you, and smiling at that muddy-faced little fella , who is crossing teh bridhe wrapped in a blanket of your love & care ...

be kind to YOU now - :flower:

Grover was a gorgeous little Puglet and totally loved and adored by his mum. No dog could ask for more.

Deepest sympathies, puggedfor life. You did all you could and more.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Im so sorry to hear this.He was one lucky pug to have lived with someone who loved him so much ,Thinking of you.

When I put this shirt on the other day I thought of you and Grover, so I'll think of him and send some hugs to him whenever I wear it.

I know some pretty awesome pugs are up there to look after him, and other non-pug dogs too.

y2aza8en_zps3a61977a.jpg

er, sorry that was giant. fixed it now, I hope.

Edited by minimax

When I put this shirt on the other day I thought of you and Grover, so I'll think of him and send some hugs to him whenever I wear it.

I know some pretty awesome pugs are up there to look after him, and other non-pug dogs too.

y2aza8en_zps3a61977a.jpg

er, sorry that was giant. fixed it now, I hope.

That is awesome minimax, thank you :)

So sorry to hear of your loss. I have lost one suddenly after a short walk together in the yard she came to me and was gone as soon as I scooped her up. I was left feeling dazed and shocked. So unexpected.

My condolences to you. Run free Grover.