Goodbye My Friend

surik.saints

Desaix Finders Keepers

"Keypa"

26th July 2004-1st March 2014

Sadly today we had to say farewell,you will be sorely missed but never forgotten,

we met you soon after you were born and visited regularly,while we anxiously awaited the day we could bring you home,you brought us so much joy and happiness,as too, to all those you met,you may not have obtained your championship title(at no fault of yours)but you where always our champion.

You where a true ambassador for your breed,you helped Sue through two major surgeries,not only as her companion,but also her helper and protector,Sue has felt your leaving the most.

Your spot beside her chair can never be filled,your position in our home obstacle course will take some getting used to as too the leg grabbing as we passed your way,your huge soft head resting on our chests as we sat in our chairs and you had your cuddles,you are no longer old a frail,again you are young and free,to run with past friends and family.

It was a True Honor that you chose to share your life and love with us.

Rick and Sue

You will be in our Hearts and Memories forever

post-30204-0-83148600-1394890386_thumb.jpg

It was a True Honor that you chose to share your life and love with us.

Rick and Sue

You will be in our Hearts and Memories forever

What beautiful words of love and tribute. You painted such a fine picture of how a treasured companion acts.... loved the leg grabbing part.

I am sorry for your loss. Keypa is indeed a Champion.

:rainbowbridge:

Edited by VizslaMomma

Many thanks to everyone for your kind words, a little about us,we do and have had Saint for nigh on 26 years,we started with one companion dog(big story behind that) and ended up with another,then another,started showing about twenty years ago,then started breeding the very occasional litter when needing another show dog.

Although we love all our friends,they say you only ever have that extra special dog once,we have been extremely lucky,we have with Keypa had two,some years ago we had a dog Named Bandit,he too was just that little bit extra special,both the appitomy of what this breed is all about,true ambassador's both bringing joy tomany people,as we did with Bandit hospital and nursing home visits and a great deal of promotional work with both(one particular story I can relate about Bandit which I can not relate without getting extremely emotional) we grieve the loss of all our friends,but Keypa's passing as in the case of Bandit's passing in 2000 has been very hard on both of us.

Again I thank you for your kind words,just in adding, Keypa was diagnosed with congestive heart failure almost two years ago,so his passing was not unexpected,we did know one day we would have to say goodbye,we had him on medication,Vetmedin and we do have some left,he was on 5mg capsules,we do have some left,so if anyone knows of anyone who has a friend on these tablets,we are willing to post them anywhere within Australia,if this would help anyone help one of their friends,we are only to happy to forward them on,depending on what dosage the dog is on there could be anywhere between 1 week to 1 months supply(if they are only on 5mg a day)

No matter whether your friend is healthy or you are nursing them along in life and making them comfortable,cherish every moment you have with them.

Rick and Sue

P.S if anyone requires the meds mentioned,please contact us at [email protected],please put on the subject line Vetmedin so I don't inadvertently delete your message as spam