A Little Rescue Miracle - I Can't Believe My Luck

Friends rescued a pair of kittens, they have had their vet work done and they asked me to help find a home. The kittens are so bonded that they wanted them to go together. I don't do cats but do know it's a tough business, it's hard enough to rehome one kitten, never mind a pair - they are not purebreds and don't look alike as you can see from the picture.

The pics landed in my email at the same time as an email from a very old friend of 20 years or so.

She was telling me that they'd lost their 16 yr old cat 2 weeks before. They lost their other cat 3 yrs ago. They've always had 2 cats and believe firmly in rescue.

The email said "we are not ready for another pet at this time".

I replied with sympathy and pressed "send". Then I thought to myself that I could be missing an opportunity ....

I sent a pic of the kittens and said maybe they could consider them in a few weeks' time?

Guess what? Those kittens will shortly be flying to their new home ... Miracles can happen :thumbsup:

post-4751-0-34414600-1395013263_thumb.jpg

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

Friends rescued a pair of kittens, they have had their vet work done and they asked me to help find a home. The kittens are so bonded that they wanted them to go together. I don't do cats but do know it's a tough business, it's hard enough to rehome one kitten, never mind a pair - they are not purebreds and don't look alike as you can see from the picture.

The pics landed in my email at the same time as an email from a very old friend of 20 years or so.

She was telling me that they'd lost their 16 yr old cat 2 weeks before. They lost their other cat 3 yrs ago. They've always had 2 cats and believe firmly in rescue.

The email said "we are not ready for another pet at this time".

I replied with sympathy and pressed "send". Then I thought to myself that I could be missing an opportunity ....

I sent a pic of the kittens and said maybe they could consider them in a few weeks' time?

Guess what? Those kittens will shortly be flying to their new home ... Miracles can happen :thumbsup:

Great result, very serendipitous all round. :thumbsup:

I always think it is a shame when much loved pets die and people say they would never get another pet as it hurts too much. Seems a waste of beautiful homes!

I love this story and two very lucky kittens seem destined to spend their lives in a great home. Well done, Dogmad.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a lovely update with pics from my friends, the girls are doing very well although they are a bit naughty - typical kittens!

They've now got new names - Bella and Bonnie :D

That's what life is all about!

What a marvellous piece of work you did!

:love: