Sydney Royal - Who Is Going When?

Katdogs

Yes, yes, yes !!

I'll be there to see the Woolfies. I joined the RAS this year so will be there as often as I can, but we should arrange to catch up on the 11th. will also try and find other DOLers when I'm there on other days

Woohoo! I think my parents might get dragged along, but they're Show veterans and know just when to leave me with the dogs while they checkout gardens and sewing stuff.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MW, if you go on Easter Saturday, you'll find me at the dogs - especially when the Weims are showing. I'll be taking pics of my friend's 2 while they are shown, and most likely be cuddling with them before and after... *grin*

T.

I'm going either the 12th or the 13th to watch the agility :thumbsup:

Oh bugger!!!! I always go Border Collie day which is also Japanese Spitz day - 13th. And I always go on the main agility day which for me is agility & jumping, don't go much for gamblers etc. Heard through a friend that after all these years they finally put a roof over the dog stand, so what do they do, move the agility to the outdoor area way over the other side of the showground. :mad With my bad knee I don't know if I can do 2 days in a row.

eta, just had a look at the schedule & the main agility is the 12th, might be doable but all that walking just to get to the events. Might have to stay at one of the hotels on site, not likely. :eek:

Edited by luvsdogs

Oh bugger!!!! I always go Border Collie day which is also Japanese Spitz day - 13th. And I always go on the main agility day which for me is agility & jumping, don't go much for gamblers etc. Heard through a friend that after all these years they finally put a roof over the dog stand, so what do they do, move the agility to the outdoor area way over the other side of the showground. :mad With my bad knee I don't know if I can do 2 days in a row.

eta, just had a look at the schedule & the main agility is the 12th, might be doable but all that walking just to get to the events. Might have to stay at one of the hotels on site, not likely. :eek:

I would love to meet up so maybe if we PM each other with our mobile numbers, just in case you go. I am still not certain which one of those two days I will be going as I am going to have my little grandaughter with me, otherwise I would go both days :) A bummer that they have moved the agility ring & what happens now if it rains :( That other ring was rather cramped & dangerous though.

Showing Labs on the 11th - I love it but its such a long day and I tend to go nuts :crazy: I have 4 entered so it will be a 3 ringed circus to get there and get home - see you there Katdogs :thumbsup:

There's a bed here if you need it - what's FOUR more Labs!

Thanks for the offer Katdoga but I am sorted for this year but I think my four and your 3 would be way way to much there was enough furniture surfing last time we turned up :)

Showing Labs on the 11th - I love it but its such a long day and I tend to go nuts :crazy: I have 4 entered so it will be a 3 ringed circus to get there and get home - see you there Katdogs :thumbsup:

There's a bed here if you need it - what's FOUR more Labs!

Thanks for the offer Katdoga but I am sorted for this year but I think my four and your 3 would be way way to much there was enough furniture surfing last time we turned up :)

Half the fun of having that many dogs in the house is having lots of choice of lap warmers... lol!

I'm thinking of asking my boss for the 11th off so I can see your gorgeous Labradors in action Tapua... pending his answer I will then grab me a 2 day show ticket so I can go then AND on Easter Saturday to see my friend's Weims as well.

T.

I would love to meet up so maybe if we PM each other with our mobile numbers, just in case you go. I am still not certain which one of those two days I will be going as I am going to have my little grandaughter with me, otherwise I would go both days :) A bummer that they have moved the agility ring & what happens now if it rains :( That other ring was rather cramped & dangerous though.

That would be great sheena. I'll definitely be there on the 13th to watch the BCs & JS. I know lots of competitors hated the dog rings for agility because of all the poles & if having it after breeds, too many doggy smells.

I asked my boss for Friday the 11th off, and he said yes!!!

My list of must pats for the 11th are... Wolfies, Bloodhounds, Borzoi, and Labs

List of must pats for the 19th are... all the terriers, Xolos, Peis, Pointers, and Weims

Just bought me a 2 day pass for $57.70 plus handling fee... woohoo... 2 days to meet some seriously gorgeous dogs!

So Katdogs, do you want me to drive us up to the bus stop at Roselands on the 11th?

T.

• 2 weeks later...

How was it Shelby? Is there heaps of free food in the supermarket dome?

I'm hoping the rain holds off a little bit tomorrow - but at least it will keep the crowds down. I hope my Aussie Terrier breeder is there as well as my favourite Lab breeder :)

Wrong person to ask Comrade Catdogs - I am lucky if I leave the dog pavilion and get to the showbag one let alone anywhere else. Was a little wet today and crowd was a little light on early in the day but then was quite good. They have extended the marquee over the dog ring so that it even covers the marshalling area which was great today in the wet weather. Had a good day - my shelties spent an hour at the Dogs NSW stand so the public could pat and cuddle. We finally got in the ring around 3.30pm or so and my young boy Earl was 2nd in puppy dog class so I was pleased.

Just a heads up to those that park and at the end of the day go and get their car and bring it back to the grounds to pack - make sure you take your parking ticket with you. They won't allow you back out without one.... although I did manage after hitting the help button on the ticket machines near the parking area. They finally let me out without having to walk back down the hill and back up to the carpark.

Congrats to puppy Earl!

I wish they'd extend the cover over the crowd seats too! I'm always burnt or drenched.

I'm all prepared to be an annoying member of the public :thumbsup:

Can you put a saddle on that?

How much does it cost to feed?

So if they're guide dogs they must be very smart and not need training?

Do they come in other colours?

I know you're about to go outside somewhere but can I have a proper cuddle?

Gee they sleep a lot. Why don't they do anything?

Isn't it cruel keeping them in little cages?

Why, don't they like fairy floss and chips?

Why, don't they like children? He's just playing!

Do you have to brush them like that every day?

:)

Hahaha @ Katdogs.

I only ever have one question... "Can I please have a pat/cuddle?"

According to the showing schedule there is only going to be ONE Bloodhound there... I hope I find him/her for a pat!

10 Borzois, 11 Wolfies, 50 Labs, and 42 Boxers... I'm going to be busy... *grin*

BOM says scattered showers, possible thunderstorm, but reckons only 3-8mm average rain...

Big decision... do I take the big lens for the camera, or just stick the 18-270mm on and be done with it? I suppose I could take the big lens in it's case, and switch if needed...

T.