Sydney Royal - Who Is Going When?

Katdogs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I missed Katdogs & T but I did see the Wolfie judging and got to pat a few and have a lovely chat with a breeder.

I wentback through later and said a quick hello to the Tapua gang.

I now have no feel left, just stumps :laugh:

Yes, my feet are dizzy too!

So is the wheel on the cheap shopping trolley I bought to bring home a Studio Sebastian bowl. Sadly they may be collector's items, as the man who makes them is in hospital after a stroke and his lovely wife is very sadly contemplating giving up the showing and the business. She's such a sweetie.

T and I had a wonderful time but didn't get to the dogs until the Lagotti were being shown because I like sleep-ins and Tracey had to divert via goats (and an affectionate Brahman bull). We did meet lots of lovely dogs and Tapua had a very successful day (not compared to Driftway but I heard a lot of show-talk - NOT from Pauline, others - about how Italian judges might know each other...) Unfortunately the terriers were hidden away again so I didn't meet one Aussie Terrier :( Did run into Perygrin and had Borzoi smooches :thumbsup:

A bit of the show layout has changed so we took a bit longer than we wanted to find some of the usual attractions. Also the free food lines were ridiculous. Strangely the showbag tent wasn't too bad - just exxy as expected.

A great day at the show - and T's going back again in a week for Weims, and probably more goats. Crazy goat lady!

I had a great time! Kisses from Brahman bulls are awesome!

Which bright spark decided to barrier off the goats so you can't get anywhere near them? Mean! At least we could pat the pigs... *grin*

I got kisses from the prettiest Deerhound ever (thank you Kitty!), and patted some Wolfies, a couple of Afghans, a Lagotto, and a Schipperke. Cuddles and kisses from Splash and Broker the Borzois was heaven on a stick too!

Met a gorgeous Labrador named Mini, and another sweet pup named Ziva (and got kisses from them too!)

Hung out chatting up Tapua's 4 stunning Labradors - Kupa, Daphne, Katie, and Kura (Sammy's litter sister) - then did a bit more wandering about until the Labradors were up. Took 500 photos of the 4 Tapua entrants... and here are my fave shots of each of them...

Daphne

11-04-2014-tapua-easter-show356.jpg

Kura

11-04-2014-tapua-easter-show266.jpg

Kupa

11-04-2014-tapua-easter-show111.jpg

Katie

11-04-2014-tapua-easter-show007.jpg

They did very well too... yay!!!

T.

EFS.

Edited by tdierikx

Kupa got first in Puppy Dog

Katie got second in Puppy Bitch

Daphne got first in Open Bitch

Kura was shaping to be first in Junior Bitch, but had pulled up a little lame, so missed out... we all know she was the prettiest/best girl out there though.

T.

C'mon T! Show!

TD bought a humongous ball for a tiger to play with and is taking forever to post a photo!

I'm still sifting through show bags for the maltesers and the dogs are enjoying their Dogs NSW show bag treats. And we're now looking forward to Dogs Day Out - 14 June.

I went yesterday to watch the agility & today to watch the Japanese Spitz & Border Collies being judged. I don't know if I'll ever be able to walk again. Didn't get to see much else at the show but was surprised to see the huge new pavilion that now houses the arts n crafts & cakes.

Lovely to meet you both, Katdogs and T. Glad you finally got some Borzoi cuddles, aren't they just divine?!? I think Broker and Splash enjoyed giving the smooches to everyone as much as those on the receiving end. They were so well behaved all day ( and it was a looooong day!) :-)

I'll be back there next Monday for General Specials to cheer on my breeder's Borzoi - I'm hoping I might have a chance to venture further afield than the dog pavilion and show bag hall lol.

EFS & fat finger typos

Edited by perygrine

OK - Tigers and the ball...

Jalur REALLY wanted to play with the ball...

13817983783_d15162b0db_b.jpg

... but it was bought for Kato, who did the following...

13817979313_7e3246defd_b.jpg

13818272564_cfbf072dc7_b.jpg

13818269114_d0dfe83ff2_b.jpg

13817944725_0453472e29_b.jpg

13817968623_1e0be27d86_b.jpg

13817966703_864684e2f0_b.jpg

13817938145_52e89fcef7_b.jpg

13817934985_810bc5bcbc_b.jpg

13818250064_c0800a6cca_b.jpg

It lasted a whole 90 seconds... but it was way fun to watch the old boy still have a whole lot of play in him... *grin*

T.