Anyone Feed Ziwipeak?

I feed raw but I would like to have something that I can keep in the cupboard as a back up on days where I have run out or forget to thaw the raw.

The ingredients look pretty good and there is a business up here that can and will order it in for me but I just want to see what others experiences have been with it.

I also have 2 fussy cats who are a pain to feed but I got a can of the Ziwipeak cat food to try and they ate the whole tin between them. I'm thinking of changing them over to it as well.

I feed it for dinner several nights a week, just on nights I do training as I find it a great training food being small and easy to handle. That way it's more economical for me too as it lasts longer than if I had to feed it every night. My girl looooves it. I do find it a bit dry tho as she will occasionally cough one back up, but it is more moist than kibble for sure.

I can't say if I notice it makes her coat shinier or anything since she is on a raw diet already besides the ziwipeak.

Her poop can be a bit dark and sticky but again I don't know if it's cause of the ziwipeak or other stuff she eats.

No complaints here for sure and will continue feeding it, it certainly is handy to have!

I'll still be feeding mostly raw too and this will just be a once or twice a week thing. I'm expecting it to be fairly pricey up here (am waiting on cost from supplier) but as it's only going to be sometimes we should be able to manage it :)

ETA - I have given them the sample packs and they loved it. They can be a bit picky with dry food so it was a good sign they seem to like it so much.

Edited by Remarkabull

I tried it as a test for my 'emergency supply kit' and found my dogs had the runs big time on it (yes, dark and sticky runs) despite usually having cast iron stomachs (fed a wide variety of raw). Otherwise it looked ok. I used most of it as training treats rather than meals in the end as they could only seem to handle it in small amounts. I prefer the K9 Natural dehydrated one and they seem to too.

Edited by espinay2

I feed it along with a raw diet, my dog will turn herself inside out for it! Feed it to much and like the others have said you get dark sticky poos but other than that it's a fantastic food.

We use it - the dry/dehydrated one but I picked up the wrong flavour last time and its taking a bit to get through this one as he's not so fussed on it. We use ti for dinner 2-3 times per week (mixed with his 'wet') and for training treats.

He love love LOVES the venison and fish.

Yes have been feeding ZiwiPeak for some years now, together with a raw diet. It important to take time to transition over approx 10 days - slowly increasing the amount. If you up it really quickly over a couple of days, you will see gross poo, as its very rich and has no 'fillers'. e.g The Venison and Fish is 90% meaat including venison meat, fish, organ meat, green lipped mussel, the rest is herbs and some supplemented vitamins/minerals. Typical analysis is also well over 30% for protein and fat.

I had a bitch who had trouble with her skin and allergies, had tried various 'sensitive' kibble formulas. After years of managing her, and giving her daily anti-histamines in summer, all her allergies disappeared after a month on ZiwiPeak.

I also use it for training treats, and stretches/exercises for the dogs. Its brilliant for travelling to shows with, particularly interstate, and for stuffing in kongs and boredom toys!

Mine get about 1/4 of the daily recommended amount every morning for brekky, and for dinner have raw.

Can't recommend it highly enough :thumbsup:

I've been looking at this product. Looks great. I'd like to try it for my guys. The ingredient list is very impressive.

It is very expensive though. I guess you mustn't have to feed the quantity you normally would. Wonder if I could add a small amount to my raw menu ??? As both my guys are only on about 20 % dry food now. Maybe I could swap the dry over to Kiwi peak ???

Edited by BC Crazy

I've been looking at this product. Looks great. I'd like to try it for my guys. The ingredient list is very impressive.

It is very expensive though. I guess you mustn't have to feed the quantity you normally would. Wonder if I could add a small amount to my raw menu ??? As both my guys are only on about 20 % dry food now. Maybe I could swap the dry over to Kiwi peak ???

I was thinking the same. It is very expensive but I assume the quantity needed per meal would be less than other dry foods. I would still feed raw 80% of the time but just want one or two meals a week as something I don't need to think about before feeding it. Also to use when we travel interstate in our van as we don't have the room to store frozen meat for the dogs.

I was thinking the same. It is very expensive but I assume the quantity needed per meal would be less than other dry foods. I would still feed raw 80% of the time but just want one or two meals a week as something I don't need to think about before feeding it. Also to use when we travel interstate in our van as we don't have the room to store frozen meat for the dogs.

We travel a fair bit in our caravan so I understand the limited fridge/freezer space very well. The less / lighter we carry the better. Also I have tried to get my guys to try offal but neither will entertain the thought so maybe if I can get them to eat a small amount if Kiwi least they would be getting some of the benefits.

This is how I feed it, she gets about 80% raw and 20% ziwipeak. She loves it and does really well, I can't complain about the price as my dog is under 3kg so 1 small bag last about 2 months.

This is how I feed it, she gets about 80% raw and 20% ziwipeak. She loves it and does really well, I can't complain about the price as my dog is under 3kg so 1 small bag last about 2 months.

Oh My goodness - I'll whinge about the cost. Scottie is 10 kilos and let him have a 1 kilo bag per month. It works out at about $50 per kilo for us. As I said, we supplement with raw mince and a much cheeper grain free kibble.

Yes I am still trying to get my head around the cost. I have no doubt it is a quality product but with 2 medium size, pretty active dogs I'm wondering exactly how much it is going to set me back $$$ I also feed 80% raw diet & grain free dry food atm. So was just going to swap the grain free for Kiwi Peak. Have to do the maths I think.

I just emailed the distributor of KiwiPeak as I wanted a couple of samples for my dogs to try. 20 cents a sample so I thought I'd try a couple of each totaling 80 cents BUT the shipping was $6.95 :eek: Don't mean to sound like miser but I think that is a rip off. So will just buy a small bag at Natural Pet Store online. If my guys don't like it I will give to my step sons rescue Dob who will eat anything.

Edited by BC Crazy

I can get sample bags from the shop up here that sells it. My dogs really like it but I have 2 Bulldogs and 2 small dogs so the cost is a big consideration. I'm happy to pay for quality and $160 for a 20kg bag of dry food is something I used to do all the time but I'm looking at around $170 for 5kgs and even if I only feed it once a week it won't last long. Plus ad on the $70 per month for VAN and $70 per month for meat it gets out of hand quickly. I really want to feed it but I'm still trying to make the decision whether I should or not based on cost.