Belle And Sebastian

*Avanti*

For those who like dog movies I noticed this is screening tomorrow in Melbourne as well as some other capital cities as part of the Alliance Française French Film Festival. The last days of the festival dates are listed on the link below and coming soon to other locations. I hope this is ok to post, I only do so to share as a cinema enthusiast and dog lover.

Trailer:

More info:

http://www.affrenchfilmfestival.org/film/belle-and-sebastian

The 1960s TV series beloved around the world has been remade for a new generation as a heart-warming family film that deserves to be seen on the big screen.

Belle and Sebastian is set high in the snowy Alps during the Second World War. The resourceful Sebastian (an adorable Félix Bossuet) is a lonely boy who tames and befriends a giant, wild mountain dog, Belle – even though the villagers believe her to be ‘the beast’ that has been killing their sheep.

At the same time, the Germans have arrived in the peaceful village looking for resistance members who are helping Jewish refugees escape into Switzerland. Through danger and adventure, Belle and Sebastian forge an indestructible friendship.

Set against breathtaking scenery and a dramatic time in history, and co-starring Tchéky Karyo, one of France’s most popular actors, this moving story will be enjoyed by the whole family.

I saw the movie Thursday. It is only on as part of the Australia wide French Film Festival and screening is nearly over so be quick if you can find a session still on. The movie was great and I loved it. I have been watching as they filmed it as a pyr breeder in France was involved with her dogs. Seeing the film takes as it was made was great and I have been waiting impatiently for the full film lol! The director did a wonderful job of portraying the pyr and captured the little subtle (and not so subtle) mannerisms perfectly (even the bark - no generic bark used here, it was all pyr!). It was almost like seeing my own dogs on screen. Will definitely be getting a copy on DVD.

Edited by espinay2

I saw the movie Thursday. It is only on as part of the Australia wide French Film Festival and screening is nearly over so be quick if you can find a session still on. The movie was great and I loved it. I have been watching as they filmed it as a pyr breeder in France was involved with her dogs. Seeing the film takes as it was made was great and I have been waiting impatiently for the full film lol! The director did a wonderful job of portraying the pyr and captured the little subtle (and not so subtle) mannerisms perfectly (even the bark - no generic bark used here, it was all pyr!). It was almost like seeing my own dogs on screen. Will definitely be getting a copy on DVD.

I saw it today, it was a beautiful film in so many ways; the boy, the dog, the scenery and the story! :) It attracted quiet a large audience so hopefully there may be further screenings to come in the near future.

Edited by LabTested

• 3 months later...