Agility Nationals 2014

Thanks - is 500 dogs a big entry for a nationals?

I just looked at the beginning & in the Masters Jumping 500 the list spans over 5 pages :( Oh sorry...I thought you meant dogs in the 500 height class :laugh:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were going. :thumbsup: excited, but soooooooo nervous as well! My handling is not great (read: pretty shite! :p ) and I'm uncoordinated to begin with. :/ then when I get nervous....... I'm sure I look like a headless chook out there! :laugh: poor Reg is such a good boy putting up with me!

We've been to a couple of trials here and there, with hit and miss runs, depending on how well I handle on the day :o so have somehow managed to get into JDX. So that will be interesting!

I'm really looking forward to watching all the dogs and everything else that will be going on. This will be our first nationals.

VERY glad I have a 600 dog though!

Lol, sometimes I think Reg would do better out there without me! :p Mind you, he probably wouldn't make course time...... Most laid back Kelpie I've ever met!

It's not so much performing in public that I care about, more the pressure of 'having to do a perfect run' first go, knowing my handling needs sooooo much work, and letting Reg down. I'm not even that fussed by passes, I just have issues with not doing the best i KNOW we can do! :o Gah! I know I have too high standards, it's just how i roll! :o :laugh:

We do have fun though! Sometimes we amuse the audience and judge as well! :laugh:

Really looking forward to seeing if I can spot any DOLers too! And seeing some breeds run that I haven't seen run before. Going to make sure i see the Large Munsterlander and the Afghan!

I have Cricket in AD, JDX, both the Opens & the games. Tall 500 BC Choc Tri with a pretty tail...cool as a cucumber at the start line, then runs like a ferell maniac...if he gets a Q, it will be a quick one. Bindi is in 500 JDM ADM both Opens & the games...Chocolate BC with pointy ears & will most probably be spinning while waiting in line & will definately have a leaf in her mouth, hanging out like a cigarette :laugh:

That's her trademark :) She will probably then run like a wet weekend...but I can never be sure, so I have to allow for her slow mood as well as her fast mood :confused:

Good luck to evergone going to agility nationals 2014! Wish I could be there too!

Good luck to those trialling at Glenreagh this weekend as well. I had a great time there last year.

Bindi is up for two titles at Glenreagh this weekend....Masters Agility & Exc. Strategic Pairs. I am trying not to think about it :) Also I need to use these games to practice keeping the dogs in the ring after a run till I get the lead on them, otherwise I could see us being disqualified at the Nats if they leave the ring off lead :(

Well Bindi is still up for her Masters Agility Title this week, having missed out on the weekend, by a toenail :( & we are going to withdraw from Strategic Pairs as the boy child is just too ferel when they run together. I am hoping to get his Novice Agility Title at the Nats. He got his 2nd Q today at the Regional with first place & 30 seconds to spare :thumbsup: Geeze...those New Zealanders are good :eek:

Go the mini schnauzers! Regardless of what country they're from thumbsup1.giflaugh.gif

Best of luck everyone! So jealous, wanted to be there with little ninja, but timing is just never right. Might get a chance to enter the 2018 Nationals at this rate laugh.gif With any luck they might be back in Perth by then? :p

Guessing 2018 would be Melbourne? Not sure how it all works!? But surely it must be their turn soon? Suppose it doesn't have to be if they don't want to do it! Lots of hard work