I've Just Started A Photography Course

Inka3095

Hi everyone :)

I was given a DSLR for my birthday last year. It's sat in its box for 6 months, I took it out, took 3 photos on auto, and then reverted back to the compact camera I'm familar with. Finally joined a camera club so I could attend their beginner's course. We're four weeks in, and have to take a photo with the theme 'around the house' to show next Tuesday.

Please be kind! I know these aren't great but I don't have any super nice furniture or anything I could include, so went with my old favourite.. food! Would anyone be kind enough to critique these two I'm thinking of putting up on Tuesday? I have time tomorrow afternoon to take some more shots so hopefully will come up with something a little less contrived.

Thanks!

post-8076-0-60004200-1396091379_thumb.jpg

I like the macaron one :) Technically - I have no idea :p

The second one .... the background distracted me a bit ..and I kept trying to focus the gorgeous jug! :) have you tried placing things right near the (short)edge of a table ..so that when you take a pic /look down a bit on them ...all you get is the length of the table ?No distractions ....

Well Done :)

Ah thanks =)

They kept going on about the 'rule of thirds' so I didn't want to just put the jug in the middle or it wouldn't obey that composition rule. Too much background stuff though, very true.

Thanksss!

Please remember - this is my opinion only, not facts. If you think what I have to say sounds like rubbish that's cool, photography is a creative process and not everyone likes the same 'art'.

I like the first one better, in first one the shallower depth of field means the focus on the macaroons and less on the background. The exposure and colours are good too :D

The second one you have nailed the exposure and focus but the background and reflections in the kettle are a little distracting.

On another note joining Camera Club was the best thing I ever did to better my photography, congratulations on joining a club and keep at it, it will really pay off. :thumbsup:

I like the macaroon photo best of the first two.

I loooove the yawn photo! :thumbsup:

I want to join a camera club too, OH went to the local one's last meeting but wasn't overly impressed so I don't think I'll go. I hope you enjoy your club and get lots out of it.