Kong Cloud Collar

Sail_Away

My Vizsla got desexed today and the vet had difficulty fitting the correct size Elizabethan collar to my girl, she seemed to be in-between sizes... due to her long lean neck, I was wondering whether the Kong Cloud collar would work for her... would love to hear if others have found this collar successful? smile.gif

I had the same issue with Zeus when he had a hot spot. I just duct taped the collar to a more suitable size than the pre-cut holes allowed.

Edit: it became a narrower, longer cone rather than being huge and wide if that makes sense.

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

We found the cloud collar made licking more difficult, but he could still reach his bits with it on... It was clearly more comfortable for him though. He quite liked having a little head pillow with him at all times!

If she's not that inclined to lick it might be enough to stop her from starting...

Thank you everyone.. seems like mixed thoughts on the cloud collar - Without trying it on her I thought she may be able to reach op site still (intradermal stitches used, so can't pull them out but don't want the dressing to come off..) I guess I could try it and see, otherwise maybe the soft e-collar would be better - I'll go to shops today and see what they have smile.gif

Thanks everyone - I bought a cloud collar yesterday, large size however within about 15 minutes she got her foot stuck through the velcro loop and then managed to get it off... I wouldn't want to leave it on her unsupervised.. It is bigger than I anticipated. I think it would prevent her from getting to the wound site though. In the end I decided to trial her without a collar for the day and she didn't attempt to lick the area at all so at this stage I'm just watching her closely. Here is some photos of the cloud collar on her and the other picture is of the device the vet lent me for the short term to trial as the elizabethian collar didn't fit - it's just a wide stiff collar - similar to neck brace, it worked well but albeit uncomfortable when sleeping!

post-46407-0-89865900-1396565210_thumb.jpg

post-46407-0-43401500-1396565219_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone - I bought a cloud collar yesterday, large size however within about 15 minutes she got her foot stuck through the velcro loop and then managed to get it off... I wouldn't want to leave it on her unsupervised.. It is bigger than I anticipated. I think it would prevent her from getting to the wound site though. In the end I decided to trial her without a collar for the day and she didn't attempt to lick the area at all so at this stage I'm just watching her closely. Here is some photos of the cloud collar on her and the other picture is of the device the vet lent me for the short term to trial as the elizabethian collar didn't fit - it's just a wide stiff collar - similar to neck brace, it worked well but albeit uncomfortable when sleeping!

The cloud collar looks to be way too big for your dog. Perhaps a smaller size would be better.

She's lovely!

The cloud collar does look pretty big on her.

I'm impressed your bounzer ball is still intact - ours has been shredded! Still favourite toy though :)

Thankyou! The Kong Bounzer is one of her fav toys also - it does have a big hole in it though! But she still plays with it, I'm getting her a new one soon thumbsup1.gif

I bought the large size cloud collar as her neck circumference is 36cm and the package said for dogs with 32 - 45cm... the next size down seemed to be too small... I have been contemplating taking it back to the pet store to change... but my girl has been good and still no licking at site so happy with that!

Finding collars to stop our long nose, long slim necked dogs getting to wounds is hard. When my Vizsla boy had surgery on his foot I looked at getting the Comfy Cone, but doing the measurements there wasn't a suitable size according to the websites. His muzzle was too long for any collar that fit his neck measurements. The normal cone from the vet not only stressed him but wasn't long enough to stop him getting to his foot I later discovered. And you can forget the cloud collar when a foot is involved :laugh:

I hope Sailor continues to leave her wound alone, the only solution we found with my boy was to keep the wound bandaged which he left along for the most part :o

Finding collars to stop our long nose, long slim necked dogs getting to wounds is hard. When my Vizsla boy had surgery on his foot I looked at getting the Comfy Cone, but doing the measurements there wasn't a suitable size according to the websites. His muzzle was too long for any collar that fit his neck measurements. The normal cone from the vet not only stressed him but wasn't long enough to stop him getting to his foot I later discovered. And you can forget the cloud collar when a foot is involved :laugh:

I hope Sailor continues to leave her wound alone, the only solution we found with my boy was to keep the wound bandaged which he left along for the most part :o

Even the vet nurse said her neck is just too long and lean when trying to fit the elizabethian collar - the smaller size which fit her neck circumference better was too short to the muzzle so she would still reach but the next size up was too wide...! Sailor got so stressed in that cone anyway, the soft one may have the same result regarding size too... she is leaving wound alone at moment, no interest in getting to it thumbsup1.gif the vet said I could put a T-Shirt around on her hind legs and tie up around waist ... I thought I could also bandage around her waist over site if she tried to take off dressing but at the moment she is behaving laugh.gif Now just to keep a Vizsla dry and calm for 10 days... eek1.gif