Does Anyone Know What Rescue Amy Gurney Runs?

We have a lot of animals(not that many but still a lot by most people's standards), if I didn't have kids I'd have no issue looking after that many. It's not how many you have but how well they are cared for that's the issue.

That's probably true, but looking at those photos, that's a load of animals to look after, I mean 5 dogs is heaps on it's own, let alone all the others. :laugh: , I'm thinking just feeding all of them would take hours, let alone cleaning up after them, brushing/grooming, training/walking/playing.

Some people love that lifestyle and as long as the animals are all taken care of properly and live in good conditions then it's each to their own. It's when the animals suffer due to the person having more than they can handle that things go down hill fast.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure it's actually illegal to keep a fox as they are considered vermin and there is a requirement to euth them, the same as if you catch a carp when fishing you have to kill them and aren't allowed to throw them back even if you are fishing catch and release.

in New South Wales you do not need a license or permit to own a fox (as a category 5 animal) under the the Non-Indigenous Animals Regulation 2012. As foxes are not currently a declared pest under the Local Land Services Act 2013, there is no legal obligation for land managers to control them. Foxes may be kept in captivity, but it is an offence under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 revised 2009 to release them. It may be possible in some rare cases to obtain commercial permits to keep foxes in both Queensland, South Australia and Victoria. Please contact your state government office of National Parks and wildlife for further information regarding this matter.

http://sydneyfoxrescue.com/

But it's an animal that is used to roaming for kilometres, unlike your average domestic dog who is kept in a restricted way in a yard or house for most of the day. Is it legal to keep it in a tiny cage?

Shouldn't it at least be in a dog run if it has to be kept at all?

I hate seeing any animal in a cage, including crates but that is another argument.

No worries, I have a large frame down the back which will eventually be a greenhouse, it's all meshed in with aviary mesh and sitting there empty at the moment(other than thigh high grass!) and realistically I probably won't have plants in it till spring so it's vacant if needed.

Donation of 100 bucks to help feed any saved

Yep, but I spend that much time in a day feeding a cleaning up after my kids :laugh:

I used to work as a zoo keeper and so did MUP so to us looking after animals half the day is a non-issue :)

Oh it would be great, and much more fun than kids :laugh: I have no problem spending hours on mine either, and I hope it didn't come across that it would be an issue for you or MUP.

All good no one understands us animal tragics :laugh:

I'm feeling bad enough that due to torrential storms all last week i had to clean my guinea pigs out without karchering their indoor cages out and not only that but due to the rain they didn't get to run on the grass! Shock, horror! I couldn't imagine making anything live in the squalor that those animals were in :(

Hah, funnily enough I was just reading that thread! SCAR are just down the road from me but I don't think they are associated. Thinking they just talk through online rescue groups, etc so SCAR were probably not aware of what is going on. i'm toying with whether to send them a message with the link

Just go to facebook and up the top where you can type in a name to search for type that name in and she'll pop up.

Here's a link from me though, see if that works, just click on her photos to see them

https://www.facebook.com/liight.magiic?fref=ts

Thanks KC and wow she's a charmer :eek: her friend Racheal is just lovely as well.

I was just looking at the security camera post on her page and thinking the same. Little vomit in my mouth moment there...

hills science diet or not all these animals seem to spend all their time in crates, pens or chained up.

I understand the livestock but if you have to crate your cats and dogs all day then you have too many animals.

The type of cage that fox is in is the same size I used to keep my two pet rats in... and in relation to the ferrets well lets just say I'd be really disappointed with my cleaning skills if that's what a just cleaned cage looked like....

While none of the conditions in the cleaned up photo are particular disturbing its clear she doesn't have a good set up for this... kittens on the cold concrete outside, verging on over crowding of ferret cages and what looks like goats being kept in small pens. Also I'm assuming the Dane pup like the other dogs is kept outside which is a bit sad for any pup let alone a Dane pup which craves human company.

These animals look like they are just existing, rather than thriving.