Finding A Breeder Of A Rescue Dog

I have nothing on him :( he was abandoned in a backyard for 3 weeks no electricity to the house , yard was a mess the people seemed to just move and never look back. No luck on the attempts to track owner by neighbors. I am not sure anything about him was told he was 8+ yrs but that was just a guess I am sure.

Edited by HappyCamper

I would just like to say that Sally, our rescue officer for the BSD Club of NSW has been tracing dogs for many years. She has developed an eye for bloodlines, & also circulates photos & information to breeders Australia wide in an effort to track down an individual's origins. Sometimes dogs are not registered but breeders can identify dogs carrying their lines, so sometimes piece by piece a little history can be filled in. Other times it is not at all possible to identify dogs & we are left guessing...... but Sally will be doing everything she can to help Happy Camper because she really is the saviour of our breed & never turns away a Belgian in need.

I do know, however, that the longer you have him, Happy Camper, the more you will bond to him as he is bonding with you. You have already experienced the Belgian nose poke & other idiosyncracies of the breed :laugh: . You will get to notice that he preempts what you are about to do, before you even do it. This breed is intuitive, sensitive & forms deep bonds. My guess is after 5 days with him, he will already be under your skin & you will never know how you lived without a Belgian before :D

Oh yes, forgot to mention, he is GORGEOUS!

Edited by trifecta

This is what I woke up too. Personal space is not his strong point.

I used to wake up to my Terv staring at me about 2 inches from my face. I think she used to use mind power to will me to wake up.

I would just like to say that Sally, our rescue officer for the BSD Club of NSW has been tracing dogs for many years. She has developed an eye for bloodlines, & also circulates photos & information to breeders Australia wide in an effort to track down an individual's origins. Sometimes dogs are not registered but breeders can identify dogs carrying their lines, so sometimes piece by piece a little history can be filled in. Other times it is not at all possible to identify dogs & we are left guessing...... but Sally will be doing everything she can to help Happy Camper because she really is the saviour of our breed & never turns away a Belgian in need.

I do know, however, that the longer you have him, Happy Camper, the more you will bond to him as he is bonding with you. You have already experienced the Belgian nose poke & other idiosyncracies of the breed :laugh: . You will get to notice that he preempts what you are about to do, before you even do it. This breed is intuitive, sensitive & forms deep bonds. My guess is after 5 days with him, he will already be under your skin & you will never know how you lived without a Belgian before :D

Oh yes, forgot to mention, he is GORGEOUS!

Yes Sally has been great! We chatted a long time and discussed the breed and their traits, whether my lifestyle would be fine for him etc wonderful lady

Someone must have loved him at some point in time to beso good about the house. Poor guy. Must have been dire ccircumstances if they were his original owners who left him. Poor guy indeed.

I agree he is just such a good boy in the house around the kids, the other dogs, the cats, he knows sit, lay, shake, off the couch. I hope that the owners are ok when I first heard about his situation I was very angry and cursing the owners but then he got here and I just cant imagine they left him willingly.

LOL at no personal space! I hope you can keep him :)

We have decided that we will keep him. We took him to the vet to have him rescanned and check to see there wasnt another chip somewhere and he is not on any registry, his picture has been circulated on facebook so unless an owner comes forward he is here to stay. :thumbsup:

This is him in his rain coat heading to the vets this morning.

Thank you guys for all your help.

Yah this is wonderful to read! Please keep us updated ( Belgian admirer here!) :)

Yes, come on over to the BSD thread in breed sub forum. It is a bit quiet at the moment & could do with invigorating :)

bianca.a looks in all the time too.