HazyWal

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending be well wishers to Stan , Maddie and you . :grouphug:

What it is with owners not checking their dogs are behind closed gates ,

grrr it just gets me so darn angry .

When I get another dog and start walking him / her I think I may just invest in a cattle prod that will hopefully send any attacking dogs running .

HazyWal, you should consider being checked over by a doctor to ensure you are ok.

I hope Maddie recovers well from her surgery, bless her. She couldn't have a better carer to help and care for her than you. Thank goodness Stan seems to be taking the situation in his stride. I imagine he's pretty sore with the wounds he has.

The attacking dog owner has to pay all vet costs and you should get the council involved to make sure she does. In the meantime I would draw up a document stating she will take responsibility for all vet costs and have her sign it. Saying someone left the gate open is a weak excuse. Her dog should be confined to the back yard.

This is an awful, awful thing to happen to you and your dogs. We hope you all recover without lasting issues.

Thank you.

To be honest I'm amazed that Stan came through without more serious injury. One of the dogs had his back leg and was dragging him while my poor boy screamed in terror :cry: He has bites to that leg and a piece out of his tail and he will be on antibiotics just in case. My hand is a nice mess this morning, the muscles in my right arm are sore and my ribs are painful for some reason :/

Please get this seen too.

Thank you.

To be honest I'm amazed that Stan came through without more serious injury. One of the dogs had his back leg and was dragging him while my poor boy screamed in terror :cry: He has bites to that leg and a piece out of his tail and he will be on antibiotics just in case. My hand is a nice mess this morning, the muscles in my right arm are sore and my ribs are painful for some reason :/

Please get this seen too.

Yes, and some photos of your hand injury might be a good idea too.

What a horrible thing to go through, you must have been terrified. :( Hopefully your dogs aren't traumatised by it and don't become nervous of other dogs.

Dog walking is meant to be enjoyable - you shouldn't have to worry about what's going to happen every time you step out your door.

This is one of the reasons I refuse to walk the dogs on my own, that and I have a crook back; I'd be stuffed if something happened on my own.

Yep I will call my doctors first thing in the morning, I just discovered when putting my shoes on that my foot is swollen as well. I broke 7 bones in that foot 18 months ago so I hope I haven't re-broken any :(

My girl is home and sleeping soundly on the lounge. They stitched the large tear but not the smaller one :/ she is on AB's and pain releif, she looks so sad :cry:

The woman has paid the bill this morning.

Just so awful.... We should be able to walk our dogs, on leads, doing the right thing. I know how thin the skin is, there is hardly anything to "repair" so poor Maddie, will be so hard for her, luckily Stan fared a bit better, but still has been put through this stupid ordeal. I do hope you push the Council to really come on, not just this owner, but to let everyone else know the consequences when you have dogs that obviously are not friendly and NOT secured. I see she paid the Vet bill... that is and admission of guilt as well, dont forget. I do hope you seek medical attention as well. All our love to Maddie and Stan, and hope that they both recovery quickly... Please let us know. Hugs to you as well...

Give Stan and Maddie cuddles and kisses from their Auntie Marg... I am still shocked about it all so I can't imagine how you must feel :(

But yes take photos and document the time date etc just in case you need anti bios or something ... God I'm angry that people have such a cavalier attitude towards their dogs :mad

Glad Maddie is home with you and I had to smile at Stan throwing his hippo about in a tanty. They are very resilient. I hope Maddie heals up quickly and has no lasting effects. I am also pleased you are going to the Dr. it sounds like you took a bit of a battering, can someone go with you the first time you try and walk the dogs as well? I know it is too soon for them to go for a bit , but Maddie might not be the only one affected. It would be good to have some support for your first outing. Hugs to everyone.

Guest hankodie

I wish someone would do something about the amount of loose dogs around here. HW and I live in the same area and it's such a huge problem yet nobody seems to really give a toss, the amount of times I've reported loose dogs to the rangers for them to tell me they can't do anything is appalling :swear: just last week I almost ran over someone's GSD that was loose on the road, I had to brake suddenly and lay down on my horn, I'm a new driver and it was TERRIFYING. The owner didn't care.

And of course it's always the responsible dog owners like HW who have to pay the price. Drives me nuts.

Let me know if you ever need a friend to walk with HW, Hank and I are happy to tag along after you and I will carry a giant stick if necessary. Hugs to you Stan and Maddie

I just found your post and have been reading through it. It is just not good enough to the pay the bills for your lovely greys.

This woman's dogs should be declared dangerous.

Hope yours are recovering well and you are to.

Edited by oakway

Firstly, if I knew I owned DA dogs then a lot of safety measures would have to fail for them to find themselves loose on the street, not just a front gate left open. Secondly, if I owned a dog that attacked another, not even on its property, for no reason, and viciously dragged it down the street by its leg, regardless of how much I loved it, I would put it to sleep immediately. At the very least the owner should be seeing a behaviourist and getting a proper assessment done.

I am glad she paid the bill but she still has more work to do.

Typical Stan... thinks only of his poor starving belly... lol! Ya gotta love the dude, don't you?

I hope some of his attitude rubs off on poor sweet Maddie and she recovers quickly from her surgery.

When you see the doctor for your hand, please get him to give you a referral for x-rays on the hand and foot, OK? You may have small things busted in there after your ordeal, and if not seen to quickly, they could give you more gyp than you need for longer than necessary.

I'd still be reporting the other dogs' owner, and sending in photos of both Stan's and Maddie's injuries - and pics of your hand and swollen foot for good measure. You have their address and descriptions of both the attacking dogs, so it shouldn't be too hard for the ranger to follow up on reasonably quickly. At the very least I reckon a "dogs at large" fine on top of the vet bill they've already paid would be a start - and may make them think about how they should contain their dogs more effectively from now on.

Big smoochy kisses for Stan, and gentle cuddles for sweet Maddie...

T.