My Greyhounds Were Attacked Today :(

HazyWal

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to hear this HazyWal. Absolutely awful.

Make sure you report it to Council and take photos of both the dogs injuries and your own to send to them.

Amen to this! I hope your greys are doing well, both physically & mentally, after that dreadful attack.

I second people who've urged you to get your own injuries checked by a doctor.

After years of leadless dogs rushing & dogs racing out thro' open gates, I've totally given up walking our dogs.

So unfair, it's the people & dogs doing the right thing that finish up with the trauma.

I've been thinking about you all day HW. Healing hugs to poor Maddie and a big pat for Stan's starving tummy :hug:

Definitely get yourself seen to and the dogs should be reported to council. The dog yard at my house has no front fence at the moment due to renovations and I manage to keep my dogs contained.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Lucky they're big dogs. This is a real fear of mine, especially now as I have Neko who weighs all of 4 kilos. If they attacked her they would have torn her to pieces! :cry:

sending lots of cyber hugs and kisses and get well thoughts to Maddie and Stan and trying to telepathically will you to forget to close the fridge door for Stan to have a smorgasboard.

oh dear :(:hug:

I only just saw this .

Stan ....what an absolute cruiser :love:

Poor Miss maddie having to be sewn up ..she will be very sore, :(

And you - Hope all goes OK at the doctor ..also explain they are results of a dog attack - so there is written proof.

I am so glad the owner paid vet bills - and am hoping those dogs are now responsibly dealt with .

Take care ..be kind to you ..and hug your two from me ..

So glad to read Maddie is back home with you. Please do see to it that you have a medico check out your injuries..at best you might need antibiotic coverage. I hope Stan continues to throw his hippo tantys as it sounds like an amusing distraction. I hope Stan will be a rock for Maddie as she recovers from the shock of what she has been through.

:flower:

Edited by redangel

Sorry to hear this and hope your dogs pull through without too much damage. This kind of thing makes me so angry, I nearly got into a punch up yesterday with a dimwit who's off leash dogs ran up to Jonah while he was on lead. This is a thing that guns would definitely fix dog and owner.

Yep I will call my doctors first thing in the morning, I just discovered when putting my shoes on that my foot is swollen as well. I broke 7 bones in that foot 18 months ago so I hope I haven't re-broken any :(

My girl is home and sleeping soundly on the lounge. They stitched the large tear but not the smaller one :/ she is on AB's and pain releif, she looks so sad :cry:

The woman has paid the bill this morning.

I have just seen this SM, I am so very sorry..

What a nightmare for you, Maddie and Stan(even though he seems to have blocked it out, bless him)..

Now she has paid, report it all to the relevant authorities..

I would also take her some pictures of your dogs and show her your injuries - she needs to be aware of the damage her loose animals have done.

Wishing you all a full, speedy recovery.

Thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts.

Kirislin I thought that myself, if it was a small dog they may well have killed it :(

Maddie is very bruised and some bruising has come out on Stan's leg. Maddie still won't eat, I managed to get her to eat a little bit of mince with her AB in it but she's not interested. Hopefully tomorrow she will feel a little better. I'm still going from feeling so much anger to tears.

I am so absolutely furious for you, Stan and Maddie. It should never have happened. All of us should be able to take our dogs for a walk in peace and safety. :swear::mad

However, I am even more in love with Stan after his tanty. :love::heart:

Lots of positive, healing vibes coming to all three of you. :hug:

I would also take her some pictures of your dogs and show her your injuries - she needs to be aware of the damage her loose animals have done.

Could not agree more; in fact I started to say something along these lines when another poster said she was pleased that the woman had paid the vet bills, but still needed to do more.

Unless she sees what her dogs have done, she can still put it all at arms length. She needs to see and understand the physical damage.

I would take photos of every single one of yours and your dogs injuries, label each picture specifically with who it is and what the injury is and give the stack to her so she can look at them herself, print out a copy of each too for the council and keep them for your own records. Also get a report from your doctor itemising you hand, ribs and foot and the injuries that are being checked and treated.

I'm still going from feeling so much anger to tears.

I'll bet you are. You've had a totally shocking experience, HW.

The weather isn't much help, either: rainy, cold, dark. At least you don't need an excuse to spend your time tucked up cosily with Maddie and Stan. Lots of rest and warmth for all of you over the coming days.

I'm still going from feeling so much anger to tears.

I'll bet you are. You've had a totally shocking experience, HW.

The weather isn't much help, either: rainy, cold, dark. At least you don't need an excuse to spend your time tucked up cosily with Maddie and Stan. Lots of rest and warmth for all of you over the coming days.

Yes I do love this weather though.

Well I just dragged the single mattress out from under my bed and put it in the loungeroom for Maddie. I huffed and puffed, put a sheet on it and Maddie's favourite red blanket and a pillow as I thought it would be easier and more comfy than getting up on the lounge. Fatso thought "hhmmmm looky here, niiiice, fanks Mum"...straight on it and Maddie is back on the lounge *sigh*

Oh well my boy made me laugh :)

Thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts.

Kirislin I thought that myself, if it was a small dog they may well have killed it :(

Maddie is very bruised and some bruising has come out on Stan's leg. Maddie still won't eat, I managed to get her to eat a little bit of mince with her AB in it but she's not interested. Hopefully tomorrow she will feel a little better. I'm still going from feeling so much anger to tears.

:grouphug: Give them both more kisses and cuddles from me xx