My Greyhounds Were Attacked Today :(

HazyWal

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank dog for Stan... at least he's doing his best to take advantage of the whole situation... *grin*

I hope to hear you've been to the doctor for your own injuries today... and that you are only a bit battered, but will be fine...

T.

I am so sorry Hazy Wal, this is truly hideous :( I am so glad Maddie is improving and Stan id milking it for all it's worth, funny boy :laugh:

I have been through something similar and it is a real life nightmare, esspecially when more than one dog is attacking. I only had Fern with me, but you had both your babies :( I can't imagine what it would be like to have to try and defend both Stan and Maddie at once.

You poor thing. Make sure you have your own injuries checked, DD is able to watch your two little wounded while you look after yourself.

Take special care and thinking of you all xx

I know the timing is not great and it's not how you would of pictured it, but I wanted to wish you a happy birthday HW. I hope you get to have lots of cuddles with Stan and Maddie. :hug:

I hope you are all ok this morning.

Edited by harley

Just a thought and you may not be up to it but this could be the kind of incident that should be published in the local newspaper. It could serve as valuable information for those who think it's ok to let dogs out. I'm glad the owner is cooperating, this may be the first time her dogs have done something like this.

I hope you can all recover as quickly as possible. Eat lots sweet Maddie.

I've just seen this HW. God how truly awful and shocking for you all. Sending loads of healing vibes to Maddie and hope she's starting to feel a bit better today. How are you today? Have you seen the doctor yet?

Poor you and your dogs for having to go through that!! How unpleasant! :( Glad to hear your girl is back home with you, and Stan is back to his usual self.

Also VERY glad to hear that the attacking-dogs-owner paid the vet bill without any hassle..that's the VERY LEAST that she should be doing!! What about your potential injuries?! :mad

Oh no :(

I only saw this today as I have been away. How awful for you and Stan & Maddie.

Healing vibes to you all and hugs and licks.

I, as others, also am soooo angry that people don't take responsibility for keeping their dogs contained, and someone innocent suffers for it. I know it could b e an accident, but an accident that should not have happened.

If you need anything, just ask.

:grouphug::flower:

Also, it seems it's your birthday :birthday:

Edited by Flashsmum

I am so sorry that you and your poor dogs have had this happen to you. I walk my dogs with a lady who owns two greyhounds and before they got their "green collars" she told me having them attacked while they were wearing muzzles was a major fear of hers.

Hoping you all heal quickly both physically and mentally.

Especially enjoy cuddling up with your loving dogs today on your birthday.

Thanks all for the birthday wishes.

I had Maddie back to the vet this morning as she had got her dressing off and made a bit of a mess of her wound and it seems now the woman is refusing to pay any ongoing costs on advice from her solicitor. I am waiting for the ranger to call me back and then I will go to my local police station and make a report. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow.

the woman is refusing to pay any ongoing costs on advice from her solicitor.

:( She may have been quite co operative and willing to listen before - but now she has a solicitor THEY will be digging in their toes :( :( Bugga.

:hug:

Her "solicitor" needs to read section 12A of the Animal Companion Act and then continue to read.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/caa1998174/

Edited by HazyWal

Oh what !!! She is kidding right ??? So she is going to get nasty HW. This is all you need honestly some people....

Why can't folks just take responsibility for their own actions or in this case lack there of :mad

Glad to hear you are reporting this to the police. Mr BC Crazy asked me had you reported it this morning

actually when we were both wondering how you were going today.

I'm interested to hear what the Ranger has to say about this whole matter as well. Glad you are off to Doc's

tommorrow. I so hope they haven't caused you any major health issues Hazy. Bad enough the shocking damage they have

caused your Greys.

Who wants to bet that woman hasn't actually sat down with her solicitor yet but is just trying to pull a bluff? One she will certainly regret!

Make sure that you get a doctor's written report on your own injuries as well as the vet report.

Her lack of control over her dogs has caused a lot of pain and anguish and I know that you will do everything in your power to make sure that her dogs don't do that to someone else and that she is made to take full responsibility so that any future dogs she owns will not do the same thing.