My Greyhounds Were Attacked Today :(

HazyWal

We are going ok thanks for asking Kirislin. Maddie's physical wounds have almost healed, still quite red and welted and the fur doesn't seem to be growing back at all :/

I went and saw the woman and told her all monies owing must be paid into my account by this Friday or I will take civil action. She said "you have no idea how much this has cost me in fines and having to get the ACD desexed, if you didn't dob me into the ranger you might've got your money" *sigh* As of today no money in my account so I guess it's off to court we go, she owes me $260.60 so it's not just a piddly amount. Her charming son (maybe 16/17) said "we got no money so you get nuffin" and the daughter who was the one that witnessed the attack stood there laughing. I had to walk away as I have a filthy temper and if I snapped all hell would've broken loose.

It will be a month this weekend, so I have no idea what the hold up with council is but they said in their last email that I will be advised of the outcome...won't hold my breath.

post-38965-0-17627300-1398929209_thumb.jpg

post-38965-0-66811300-1398929259_thumb.jpg

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say that Maddie heals VERY nicely, doesn't she? Looking good so far considering the amount of damage actually done on the day.

Have they secured the dogs from getting out yet?

T.

Yes she does T but I'm pretty anal on my home nursing :)

No they have replaced the piece of string with a piece of wire, no padlock, people still have access to the front yard and the dogs are still out there. The fence is white picket style and is only about 3 foot high :/ I could lean on the gate comfortably with my arms rigid downwards and I'm only 5 foot 2. They have a couple of rocks under the gate where there are gaps. No use telling council about it as when I complained last time they said council can only advise...they can't make them secure the gate.

You held it together more than I would. How dare she whinge that it cost so.much? Perhaps don't let your dropkick nasty dogs roam and you'll be fine. Sound like real charmers.

Oh believe me Steph an assault charge was not going to help my cause so I turned and walked. Anyone hurts my dogs and then has the gall to laugh in my face will result in a whole level of crazy I doubt these idiots have ever seen.

Council CAN put a control order on the dogs, which means they MUST be secured from causing harm or face more fines...

Time to move up the food chain methinks... start beating on the local member's doors with your evidence of the injuries to your dogs, yourself, and council's apparent disinterest in doing anything to stop it happening again.

Squeaky wheel time...

T.

Council CAN put a control order on the dogs, which means they MUST be secured from causing harm or face more fines...

Time to move up the food chain methinks... start beating on the local member's doors with your evidence of the injuries to your dogs, yourself, and council's apparent disinterest in doing anything to stop it happening again.

Squeaky wheel time...

T.

Council CAN but Gosford council WON'T, they are beyond pathetic :mad The GM of GCC didn't even have the decency to reply to my email personally.

Squeaky wheel time...

T.

Council CAN but Gosford council WON'T, they are beyond pathetic :mad The GM of GCC didn't even have the decency to reply to my email personally.

did you call the DPI yet?

It's true. They can seize the dogs and keep them until they are satisfied the yard is secure. By the sounds of it they have finished their dealings with them if the fines have been issued etc.

It is ridiculous how inconsistent councils are.

Squeaky wheel time...

T.

I would make a lot of noise by cc'ing every Councillor, the Ranger, GM and your local state Member into an email. Explain how the lack of action in relation to these dogs is a potential for future disaster.

Edited by ~Anne~

You could also throw in the (not necessarily true) "fact" that... "next time it could be a child that is attacked"... *grin*

T.

Or the elderly citizen unsteady on feet minding own business walking to the corner shop

Edited by VizslaMomma

Gosford City Council have a facebook page and there are numerous comments about their poor record in dealing with dog attacks - go and have a look people - and maybe leave a comment

Hats off to you Hazy for your self control when trying to get you money out of these idiots. More power to you. I really admire you inner strength. Keep after them. Your so right this isn't about the money in as much as the bloody principle. You should be able to walk down the street with your dogs safely & in peace. Without fear of being attacked. Simple as that.

I'm another who would have totally lost it BIG TIME with these idiot people. How rude !!!! & self absorbed can they be. Their dogs get out of their property & attack yours, what part of that don't they get....And as for that giggling, stupid daughter, that would of been what tipped me right over the edge but in hind sight you know, you'd expect nothing less cause an apple never falls far from the tree does it... No hoping mum has done a brilliant job of raising more no hoping, non caring, irresponsible citizens. Just like herself.

On a much nicer note I'm so pleased to see Maddie is physically healing beautifully HW. I hope your sweet girl hasn't suffered mentally from this ordeal. Hope Stan is doing OK as well but understand he isn't sensitive like Maddie so can bounce back far quicker. His main worry is 'whats for dinner ???' :laugh:

So sorry this is turning into a saga for you HW & I hope you are holding up OK. You know where I am if you ever want to chat about whatever :flower:

Edited by BC Crazy