My Greyhounds Were Attacked Today :(

HazyWal

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks BC and thank you everyone.

Well my local paper are going to run a story, a journo will contact me Monday to arrange a meeting :thumbsup:

excellent. Your chance to bring all your concerns to the forefront and be heard. :thumbsup:

Good idea

Have it all written down, and make the point that the council have the power to do something ,but are choosing not to.

Yep I have everything written in a diary and I will definitely be making that point. GCC need to stop sitting on their hands and step up to the plate and start enforcing the laws that are set out. This "oh well it hasn't happened before so the dangerous dog dec is a bit harsh" is bullshit and I simply can't accept that slapping a fine on them is sufficient. These dogs can still get out and now they have attacked I have no doubt it will happen again.

I'm not sure you can take pics of other people's property, but if you can its a good idea.

you will need to spell it out to the reporter, they probably will have no idea about the law and could just get fobbed off by council, so you need to make it loud and clear what action they could have taken.

I'm not sure you can take pics of other people's property, but if you can its a good idea.

you will need to spell it out to the reporter, they probably will have no idea about the law and could just get fobbed off by council, so you need to make it loud and clear what action they could have taken.

No I'm not going to take photos of the property but I will have a copy of the ACA to give to the reporter with every section that was breached highlighted. The fact the ranger told me that the dangerous dog dec will not stick will obviously be my word against hers but as that is what I was told I will stand by it. I am telling the truth. I have also contacted the family whose greyhound was killed last year here on the Coast by a roaming dog that was reported many times to see if I can mention that in my interview.

That's excellent, I think some publicity about the damage roaming dogs can cause is maybe some good that can come out of this. I would really like to see council held responsible for the decisions they make. They happily take our rates money, write a bunch of rules down but seem to make token efforts to enforce them.

HazyWal Just be very aware that in spite of what you tell the reporter and however well you believe the interview went it does not always appear in print as you think it will - or should.

Hopefully that will not happen in your case but it is something to be aware of.

Good luck I hope this all comes to a positive end for you very soon.

HazyWal Just be very aware that in spite of what you tell the reporter and however well you believe the interview went it does not always appear in print as you think it will - or should.

I wonder if HazyWal could ask to see the article before it is published?

Edited by VizslaMomma

You can ask and they will usually oblige. But you have to be around as they will generally email it about 10 mins prior to publication deadline and expect you will OK it immediately. :laugh:

You can ask and they will usually oblige. But you have to be around as they will generally email it about 10 mins prior to publication deadline and expect you will OK it immediately. :laugh:

The option is there for Hazywal.

Hoping for success

:thumbsup: