My Greyhounds Were Attacked Today :(

HazyWal

She shouldn't have to, we all should be able to walk our dogs on lead in our own neighbourhoods without the real risk of them being being ripped into. It makes me furious.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry: Oh my, you are living my nightmare when I take to the streets for a walk with my girls. Healing vibes to Stan and Maddie. My heart goes out to you as you see your dogs go through such a distressing time through the inaction of some random stupid/s.

Please take care of yourself as well Hazywal, may all your household be back together soon.

That sounds terrifying I hope you are okay! Wishes of speedy recovery to all three of you :( And I hope the owner who lets such dogs roam on the street gets appropriate punishment.

Today I was just sitting with Didi at an on leash oval having a rest in the sun when this huge dog ran over and tried to play with(smash into)Didi. It was being rough and I tried to get it to go away but its owner took forever to come over and just as she did her dog pinned Didi to the ground and tried to start a fight (while Didi froze in fear) but I got in between them and she finally leashed it. She then said some bullshit about it not liking border collies, or german shepherds, or terriers :confused: too bad Didi is none of those breeds and your dog probably just dislikes dogs in general. She kept her distance and I left right after. Why do people not realise their dogs are aggressive and continue to put them in a position where they can hurt somebody else's dog. :mad

Lots of healing vibes being sent your way :hug:

Oh poor Miss Maddie, and Stan, and you HazyWal. :( That would have been terrifying. It makes me so angry that people can't manage to shut their bl**dy gates and keep their dogs in their yard. I'm so sorry this has happened to your dogs. I hope the council take it seriously, and the owners pay your vet bills. Big hugs to you, and gentle pats to your lovely dogs.

Oh no! Poor Maddie and Stan and Mum!

That's so scary. Stupid owner. I know you'll report them but still it's so sucky and wrong that this happened. I can't dash up the F3 but consider the hugs from me and licks from my pups delivered. If you want to have stable calm nurse dogs with you for your first walk back let me know and we'll see if we can get there. Stevie has been a therapy dog at training and for fosters.

I hope maddie's wounds heal quickly, and her skin sticks together ok.

Stan and Maddie were attacked today by a Staffy and a Cattle Dog. Maddie is on morphine awaiting surgery to her torn shoulder and Stan is nursing his bite wounds that thankfully don't require stitches. Why can't people make sure their dogs are contained? My dogs are muzzled, they couldn't fight if they wanted to, why can't I just walk my dogs? :cry:

FFS, I am so so sorry this happened.

Your dear babies and you do not deserve this horror.

Please know I will be praying for you all.

Horrible to hear.

I'm angry right along with you HW. I've never met you or your greys but I've always loved them from the stories you share. You take such awesome care and have so much love for them -- something like this just shouldn't happen to good people.

Greys, whippies and iggies have such thin skin too. Get better soon Miss Maddie and Sweet Stan. :heart:

Edited because autocorrect decided Maddie is Maggie :/

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

OMG you poor thing what a horrifying thing for you and your babes. Please tell me you got the owners details and they will be paying for this. Otherwise the financial blow is going to be so hard on top of the grief. I am at work at the moment and holding in the tears :cry:

please let me know which vet you are using and i would love to help a little.

Been thinking of you all on and off all night, so bloody angry on your behalf. Hopefully Maddie will come through surgery with flying colours. I won't be back on until tonight to check in, hugs to you and the hounds

I've only just seen this... how horrible for Stan and Maddie (and you)!

A friend of mine is a vet at Erina emergency vet hospital - and I know that if she's looking after Maddie, she couldn't be in better and more caring hands... and she's an exceptional surgeon to boot.

Don't forget your own injuries in all of this - please have your hand looked at by a doctor - or at the very least by the vet looking after Maddie, OK? You may have done yourself some damage there judging by your description of the bruising...

Healing and calming vibes from me and mine to you and yours HazyWal...

T.

Just seen this, :mad I'm sure my blood pressure shot up a few clicks when I read it too. I'm feeling much the same as everyone else, angry and upset that you, Maddie and Stan were attacked. Did anyone help you or witness it? Take photos of your injuries as well as your dogs and report it.

I hope Maddie and Stan are OK, poor darlings.