Rescue

I was admin on the page yes. Although the things on it were from your royal anus and I am pretty sure I still have the e-mails but not the messages as the page was deleted a far bit ago. Like I said there is no excuse for the crappy attitude I had or the many time I offended people. Not gonna even attempt to make excuses.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was admin on the page yes. Although the things on it were from your royal anus and I am pretty sure I still have the e-mails but not the messages as the page was deleted a far bit ago. Like I said there is no excuse for the crappy attitude I had or the many time I offended people. Not gonna even attempt to make excuses.

My royal anus? Awesome apology there :laugh: I didn't send you emails or messages so you have the wrong person, I do all my talking in public because I like to make sure everyone is aware of what is being said on both sides.

My royal anus? Awesome apology there :laugh: I didn't send you emails or messages so you have the wrong person, I do all my talking in public because I like to make sure everyone is aware of what is being said on both sides.

Oh dear no not you! Your royal Anus is a nick name for someone else sorry I didnt mean you

Ok, I thought it was a reference to my current user name. I am glad you have admitted your part in that awful page and if you can really take on board what people tell you you can make a big contribution in rescue. No more from me on it, but it will take a while before people trust you so get ready for that.

All very good points anna I have seen 14 year old dogs taken from the pound, to the vet and then on an airplane to SA from sydney in the span of 3 days. I am not sure how if you have someone on the ground at the pound to assess temp and if a dog is wanted by a rescue its a bad thing to get the dog to them. If they are a responsible rescue and do right by the dog AND the community is that honestly bad? I dont think so a lot of breed rescues take from all over the country and have saved a lot of dogs lives through networking.

You are correct, but I'm not critiquing the taking of dogs from long distance. Just arguing the fact that it can and should be done a whole lot better and cleaner. With more care for animal welfare, for where the dog ends up and a lot less risk of spreading something contagious all over the countryside.

And your radar for responsible rescue had better be well and truly working when it's long distance, that includes the rescuer at the other end who as (given your experience) you must very well know, aren't always told exactly what they are getting.

All very good points anna I have seen 14 year old dogs taken from the pound, to the vet and then on an airplane to SA from sydney in the span of 3 days. I am not sure how if you have someone on the ground at the pound to assess temp and if a dog is wanted by a rescue its a bad thing to get the dog to them. If they are a responsible rescue and do right by the dog AND the community is that honestly bad? I dont think so a lot of breed rescues take from all over the country and have saved a lot of dogs lives through networking.

You are correct, but I'm not critiquing the taking of dogs from long distance. Just arguing the fact that it can and should be done a whole lot better and cleaner. With more care for animal welfare, for where the dog ends up and a lot less risk of spreading something contagious all over the countryside.

And your radar for responsible rescue had better be well and truly working when it's long distance, that includes the rescuer at the other end who as (given your experience) you must very well know, aren't always told exactly what they are getting.

This is a concern for me as well there have been a few parvo pups popping off from the pounds, I am not sure of the solution other than have quarantine places near the pounds and have the pups there for a quarantine period which doesnt seem feasible any time soon. I do not think dogs should go from a pound to a rescue unless someone is on the ground and can tell temp notes. I wish all pounds had vollies like the DAS pound that would be very helpful but we can only tell rescues what the people have observed in the pound and we all know that after the settling in period dogs can and do change once they are all comfy in a new foster home and we need to be confident that the rescues taking long distance dogs are prepared to deal with a dog that may be different than he presented in the pound.

They need to be prepared that they may need to do rehab and in the end may need to make the heartbreaking decisions if the dog does not respond. I honestly dont think that dog/kid/cat aggro dogs that are escape artists should be rehomed the risk is just to high I have seen dogs literally eat through bars to get out of a pen we cant put the communities pets at risk we have to think beyond the dog we have rescued and make sure that the dog wont be a danger to the community we put him/her in. A lot of rescues cant do this but there are some really good, responsible, realistic rescues out there that I would feel comfortable taking long distance dogs.

I'm struggling to find the apology to all the innocent people you slandered?

I'm struggling to find the apology to all the innocent people you slandered?

It was higher up I believe. I suppose I maybe need to do a proper post as was suggested that way people can see it better.

I am not in rescue...but of late I see it is becoming almost a fad with people, one only needs to check out fb to see the amount of "rescues" appearing. On the outside of rescue looking in I have seen some inexperienced people take on more than they should or know and as a result people and animals are affected. Like vet nursing which is popular with animal loving teenagers it is more than just "I love animals", Ive seen many in work experience learn how not glamorous it is!

Other than wanting to 'help' rescues Happy Camper do you have any aspirations to establish a rescue yourself? Rescue done right is expensive and time hungry path to go down, what is your knowledge base and focus? What is your motivation other than loving animals? Have you worked in reputable rescue and learned from a mentor for some time?

I acknowledge people on this forum have been wronged by you but i ask as to understand who you are and such.

And rescue is bloody hard work. We got an email yesterday morning at 7am, 2 dogs had to go there and then - in another state. This required hours on the phone to so many people, trying to organise within the owner's timeframe. Having managed to get one dog in foster care and transport arranged for another on Monday, we then got an email last night to say they'd changed their mind and were keeping the one left.

This is almost a repeat of what happened with these people 12 months ago except they kept both dogs at the time.

That's just one example of why we've spent hours on the phone in the last two weeks.

Easter - a holiday? For some, not for rescuers. Pounds are overly full with dumped dogs so their owners can go away without having to pay any kennel fees for their beloved old dogs.

Sick to death of people and that's how it gets you sometimes. I do it because I love dogs and hate to see them being disposed of like garbage.

It really isn't for everyone.

And rescue is bloody hard work. We got an email yesterday morning at 7am, 2 dogs had to go there and then - in another state. This required hours on the phone to so many people, trying to organise within the owner's timeframe. Having managed to get one dog in foster care and transport arranged for another on Monday, we then got an email last night to say they'd changed their mind and were keeping the one left.

This is almost a repeat of what happened with these people 12 months ago except they kept both dogs at the time.

That's just one example of why we've spent hours on the phone in the last two weeks.

Easter - a holiday? For some, not for rescuers. Pounds are overly full with dumped dogs so their owners can go away without having to pay any kennel fees for their beloved old dogs.

Sick to death of people and that's how it gets you sometimes. I do it because I love dogs and hate to see them being disposed of like garbage.

It really isn't for everyone.

Oh Jesus they are keeping her - argh!

I am not in rescue...but of late I see it is becoming almost a fad with people, one only needs to check out fb to see the amount of "rescues" appearing. On the outside of rescue looking in I have seen some inexperienced people take on more than they should or know and as a result people and animals are affected. Like vet nursing which is popular with animal loving teenagers it is more than just "I love animals", Ive seen many in work experience learn how not glamorous it is!

Other than wanting to 'help' rescues Happy Camper do you have any aspirations to establish a rescue yourself? Rescue done right is expensive and time hungry path to go down, what is your knowledge base and focus? What is your motivation other than loving animals? Have you worked in reputable rescue and learned from a mentor for some time?

I acknowledge people on this forum have been wronged by you but i ask as to understand who you are and such.

Ok well I started rescuing dogs in 1995 when I moved out on my own. I later moved out onto property and focused on working breeds, GSDs, Cattle dogs, and Aussie shepherds I never got a Kelpie in believe it or not. I would take the too hard ones from shelters and the SPCA in Louisiana sent a couple of dogs that were not adoptable for me to work with and they turned out great. I took owner surrenders and dogs from the pound. I was never a charity I just did it from paychecks and working as a vet nurse helped as I got everything at cost.

I am taking in dogs now do the vet work establish if they can live the city life or need to be working dogs. I work out any issues they have and if I cant I will contact a professional so far I have been lucky as not had to have a professional step in none of the dogs have had major issues. I love animals that is true I love taking dogs that have given up or been wronged show them that life can be good, teaching them to live in a family and then finding their homes. I firmly believe that you should only take in animals that you can handle and this includes when you use foster homes, so for example if I can comfortably have 8 dogs here then I wouldn't go out and have another 10 in foster homes because foster homes have the ability to say I don't want this dog here anymore then you need a place for the dog to go so if I can say house 8 dogs here then I will only have 8 dogs in care be it here or in foster homes hope that made sense. Dogs come here for a quarantine period before going to foster homes. I think placing the dog in the right foster home is just as important as placing them in their forever homes. No clue if that answered all your questions but thought I should reply.

I dont come to this forum very often anymore which is a shame as I got a lot of useful information from bere and I was one of the people/groups targeted on your facebook page and to be brutally honest I couldnt care less for you or your apology. I do hope you are sincere for the others that care. That is all.

I think there has been enough mea culpa, Happy Camper. Some people will forgive and forget, some people will forgive, but be forever wary, some people will never forget.

It depends on the people and whatever feels right for them. Each individual has the right to her or his feelings and, to your credit, you have acknowledged this.

If I were in your situation, I think I would pull back a little and go a little bit more softly. I know you are very eager to make a difference and to rehabilitate yourself, but some things are best done slowly :)

I was not involved with this particular story, but I know there are people "out there" whom I neither could nor would ever trust again no matter how much they apologised (huh! pigs might fly) for the total crock of shite of lies they have said about me on this and other forums.

Bit different from your case, but just giving an example of how no amount of apologising can made up for some treatment. :shrug:

I was not involved with this particular story, but I know there are people "out there" whom I neither could nor would ever trust again no matter how much they apologised (huh! pigs might fly) for the total crock of shite of lies they have said about me on this and other forums.

Bit different from your case, but just giving an example of how no amount of apologising can made up for some treatment. :shrug:

plenty of shite and plenty of lies by Grylvr and just cause they changed their name doesn't mean they changed their spots. And we won't even go there about the damage done to my breed.

If I were in your situation, I think I would pull back a little and go a little bit more softly. I know you are very eager to make a difference and to rehabilitate yourself, but some things are best done slowly :)

This is good advice!

Happy Camper, you have 10 topics running on this page alone, 3 in Urgent Dog Rescue & you have also popped up in General, Photography & now Training & Obedience..... admittedly you probably type faster than me, but how do you have time to look after a family, earn an income to support the dogs you are quarantining & spend time with your own dogs :confused: