Looking For Some Good Thinning Scissors

cassie

Hi all, as the title reads I'm looking for some good quality thinning scissors for a decent price. I adore Chris Christensen grooming products so just had a look on their website but I can't justify $300ish for the limited trimming my Saint needs. I'd love to find something for around the $50 mark, or am I dreaming? Thanks! :)

Hi Cassie

I bought a pair of Shear Magic single sided thinning scissors. I just trawled my old emails and I bought them from Vet Products Direct as Em won a voucher at the Agility Nationals. They are perfect for what I need - I trim the feathering on her legs, tail and the hair between her paws.

ETA: They were just under $50 from memory.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Personally I use Roseline single sided Thinning shears. I think they are 6.5 inch 46 tooth. The code on the shear is 82193. You can pick them up for approx $100, sometimes less.

I have tried expensive brands, bigger shears etc but I go back to my little rose lines every day to shape faces, detail golden retrievers, bulk thin etc etc. I use them for everything and can't find anything I like better. They last me very well even with daily salon use. In 28 yrs I have only replaced twice, so three pairs!

I got mine from ebay. About $50 Japanese steel ones. Single side thinning. Cannot complain about them. Shear magic are ok for their price.

What part of your border collies do you use youre's on ??

Like this:

image-65.jpg

No - sorry looks like Ive got different ones - mine have like a file on both blades and they are pointy - Not sure Ill be able to get the detail in a photo but will give it a go.

Steve they are artery forceps that we sometimes use to get hair out of ears. They don't cut hair!

Oh and also forceps are nifty for attaching bands of hair bows to hair!

Edited by skyefool