Looking For Some Good Thinning Scissors

cassie

Steve they are artery forceps that we sometimes use to get hair out of ears. They don't cut hair!

Oh and also forceps are nifty for attaching bands of hair bows to hair!

Hell no wonder Ive never had a clue what to do with them rofl1.gifrofl1.gif

Steve they are artery forceps that we sometimes use to get hair out of ears. They don't cut hair!

Oh and also forceps are nifty for attaching bands of hair bows to hair!

Hell no wonder Ive never had a clue what to do with them rofl1.gifrofl1.gif

Surely you can find a Maremma to put a pretty pink bow on lol

Oh yes like this filthy beast who thought she could wallow in all of the beautiful new mud and come into my lounge room like that .I can just see her in a bow - not. post-199-0-76172000-1397117656_thumb.jpg

Or maybe this one from last week - self bathing dog rofl1.gifpost-199-0-15686100-1397117755_thumb.jpg

Have a look at Geib. I use their scissors and thinners at work and love them. Clipper world have thinners from the Geib Gator range for $73

Funny how any discussion on shears highlights how personal it all is. I LOVE Geib shears, especially the gators. Such a good solid all round salon scissor IMHO........but I hate the thinners in that range!

I got mine from ebay. About $50 Japanese steel ones. Single side thinning. Cannot complain about them. Shear magic are ok for their price.

What part of your border collies do you use youre's on ??

Ear fluff mainly - in particular behind the ears to thin it out. I had one BC who used to have exceptional long ear hair that loved to matt. While I did pull the dead hair out, however thinning it also helped with it matting.

I have also used it on my red boy - particularly on the crown of the rump to thin out the rump hair for showing. He has a dryer, and almost near coarser coat that is short and very wavy. I have found thinning a little out the under coat it helps with the top coat to sit flatter and better.

I have also used it to trim matts, and also pantaloons to thin them out - especially in summer when they are swimming all the time and it is matting up with the dirt etc. Trimming feet. Don't use it religiously, but they are useful for the grooming kit

You can get one and two way thinning (ie thinning blades on both sides) - only get the single sided - they don't take as much. You can always take more, but it harder to put it back if you take too much.

here is a listing on ebay for the scissors: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/jico-6-Hairdressing-Thinning-Scissors-Shears-Razor-Edge-Jap-Steel-Titanium-/150939229104?pt=AU_HairRemoval&hash=item2324addbb0

I just got some Wahl ones from Clipperworld that cost $54.95. I haven't used them much to say how long they are going to last but they are chopping well. I think I only had Wahl ones when I was grooming anyway.

I chop bum hair and I shortened Poppy's tummy hair as it was almost on the ground! She has a lot of coat.

We use wahl thinners have lasted well & used all the time.

We use Gator straight & bent shank scissors ,Geib etc etc no expensive spared.

The reality is though cheap can mean crap & then it costs more to buy another pair.

I use single side & very fussy on the the quality as i want perfection in the results & some just don't do the job

I have one set of geib scissors that I have had for awhile. I used to have Walh straights which were been good. The wahl curved were crap from the beginning. Big dead spot in the middle and never could keep an edge.

I used to have a pair of walh thinners. They went walk about at a show, along with some of my other good grooming gear. Those Jikos are not too bad- and for what I use them for now, they do the job.

Edited by Mystiqview

Have both Geib and Wahl, have been pleased with the results from both. As Mystiqview says, ears, croup, rear leg feathering and on some dogs have thinned out tails too.

Edited by Cala