My Strange, Clever? Funny Little Puppy

Kirislin

Neko just did the oddest and funniest thing. I have a photo of puppy Widge (Nekos Mum) on the wall behind a chair in the computer room. Neko just jumped up on the chair and then stood up on her hind legs facing the back of the chair looking directly at the photo and started her 2 pawed shove on the chair, as if inviting puppy Widge to play with her! I wish I could have got a video of it. Just as they've recognised the photo of Zoey on my camera bag, I'm sure she knew it was a puppy in the photo.

Edited by Kirislin

What does she do if she sees herself in the mirror?

Nothing! and I'm a bit disappointed. My very first sighthound who I believe was a whippet/IG cross never figured out that the dog in the mirror was her. She used to tip toe into a bedroom that had a waist high mirror that she could only see if she stood on her hing legs. Of course everytime she took a peek that damn dog was there and she'd bark and bark at it.

That would have been so cute to see :D Puppies are such great time wasters. You could just sit and watch their antics for hours and hours. My GSD seems to really notice pictures. I have had dogs who get worked up over their reflection (Blaez cant walk past the local cafes black wall tiles without trying to interact with that handsome fellow :laugh:) but never notice photos etc till now. Its quite funny when I am trying to paint and he tries to interact with the animal I'm working on.

Nothing! and I'm a bit disappointed. My very first sighthound who I believe was a whippet/IG cross never figured out that the dog in the mirror was her. She used to tip toe into a bedroom that had a waist high mirror that she could only see if she stood on her hing legs. Of course everytime she took a peek that damn dog was there and she'd bark and bark at it.

The Vizslas think that image in the mirror is a new friend to come to play.

Slighlty OTT, years ago my cockatiel saw himself in the mirror AND attacked it. LOL. He was having no other bird to share with his Momma.

S